This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. The dreaded "Save data can not be accessed" happened...

User Info: Kazusa

Kazusa
5 years ago#11
Pokecheck is just a website. You make a free account, set the DNS to what the site shows you on your wireless settings, and you can then use the GTS upload anything onto it. Once there, you can clone a copy and receive it through the GTS whenever you want, and you can even download the .pkm files.

https://www.pokecheck.org/
you know the closer you get to something
the tougher it is to see it

User Info: Kaizukezu

Kaizukezu
5 years ago#12
Missingno_Mastr posted...
...I'm a little scared now. ._. What if this happens to my Black 2? I can't bear to lose any of those Pokémon! Some of them are over 10 years old! My condolences, though, TC. I hope you can fix your game.

Thanks, I appreciate it. Yeah, after seeing it happen to me, if I were you I'd recommend finding some way to back everything up if you can. From what I've seen just from doing google searches on the subject, there were 4 or 5 threads in the Black2/White2 forums saying the same thing happened to them, and there were a few other websites claiming people had that happen to their Heart Gold/Soul Silver games and even their Diamond/Pearl games.

So I don't know whether to blame Nintendo/Gamefreak for it for making faulty cartridges, or blame myself for something I unknowingly did to cause it.
3DS Friend Code- 2535-3717-4504
White Friend Code- 0476-3773-4673

User Info: SpikeTbear

SpikeTbear
5 years ago#13
I got this blue screen of death on Soul Silver after I nearly completed the Pokedex. I called Nintendo, and the only thing they could do was set up a work order to send in my DS and check it for manufacturing defects. They had never heard of this problem happening before and did not know what to do. So I had to start over. This was about the only negative experience I've had with Pokemon or Nintendo.
"The most important thing is to never stop questioning." -Albert Einstein.
Xbox Live: AlteraLateralus

User Info: ChibiDeidara

ChibiDeidara
5 years ago#14
All the Best TC...if it happens to me on White 2 i'll scream i just started the game for the first time and i got a female Snivey
Maybe you should worry less about the tides, who've already made up their mind about killing you, and worry more about me, who's still mulling it over -Azula-

Kaizukezu
5 years ago#15
SpikeTbear posted...
I got this blue screen of death on Soul Silver after I nearly completed the Pokedex. I called Nintendo, and the only thing they could do was set up a work order to send in my DS and check it for manufacturing defects. They had never heard of this problem happening before and did not know what to do. So I had to start over. This was about the only negative experience I've had with Pokemon or Nintendo.

Yeah, seems to happen to some people every now and then. What's weird is I've only read it happening to Pokemon games, not to any other DS games. So it makes me think something is up with the programming in the games. If this is the case I don't know what to expect with X and Y, if they'll potentially have the same issue... More influence to use Pokemon Bank so everything is saved in case it DOES happen to X and Y. This was pretty much my only negative experience with Nintendo and Pokemon as well. I most likely will try to call Nintendo sometime in the next couple days and see if there's anything they can do for me. Chances are they won't, since my Black2 copy was purchased on the release date, which is going on almost a full year ago.

ChibiDeidara posted...
All the Best TC...if it happens to me on White 2 i'll scream i just started the game for the first time and i got a female Snivey

Thanks. :) There was actually a couple people claiming it happened before they were even able to start a save file. They opened the package, put the game in, and BOOM, DEFECTIVE.

User Info: ChibiDeidara

ChibiDeidara
5 years ago#16
Kaizukezu posted...
SpikeTbear posted...

Yeah, seems to happen to some people every now and then. What's weird is I've only read it happening to Pokemon games, not to any other DS games. So it makes me think something is up with the programming in the games. If this is the case I don't know what to expect with X and Y, if they'll potentially have the same issue... More influence to use Pokemon Bank so everything is saved in case it DOES happen to X and Y. This was pretty much my only negative experience with Nintendo and Pokemon as well. I most likely will try to call Nintendo sometime in the next couple days and see if there's anything they can do for me. Chances are they won't, since my Black2 copy was purchased on the release date, which is going on almost a full year ago.

ChibiDeidara posted...

Thanks. :) There was actually a couple people claiming it happened before they were even able to start a save file. They opened the package, put the game in, and BOOM, DEFECTIVE.

o_______________o i would throw a freakin fit .....
Maybe you should worry less about the tides, who've already made up their mind about killing you, and worry more about me, who's still mulling it over -Azula-

Kaizukezu
5 years ago#17
R.I.P. my Pokepals...

Ryunosuke the Simisage
Kaislax the Scrafty
Kaiser the Gallade
My level 100 Zangoose buddies from Ruby
All of the baby Riolu who hardly had a life
And any other Pokemon saved on that cartridge, though some of you I would have never used, you were there for the greater good.

You will all be remembered.

User Info: JacK_1S_BK

JacK_1S_BK
5 years ago#18
Kaizukezu posted...
R.I.P. my Pokepals...

Ryunosuke the Simisage
Kaislax the Scrafty
Kaiser the Gallade
And any other Pokemon saved on that cartridge, though some of you I would have never used, you were there for the greater good.

You know it's game data, right?
BACK
Jack has done nothing but...acts all innocent and... he honestly thought he was being helpful...~~HylianWarrior

User Info: javel34

javel34
5 years ago#19
JacK_1S_BK posted...
Kaizukezu posted...
R.I.P. my Pokepals...

Ryunosuke the Simisage
Kaislax the Scrafty
Kaiser the Gallade

You know it's game data, right?

You must be a hacker
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208 She would return every so often. Her lips tasted like tragedy, but he could never forget her. How could he when she was always near?

User Info: ColtCababa

ColtCababa
5 years ago#20
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope that you'll be able to figure out the problem, and luckily, be able to restore your file.
"Say goodbye to the good old days. They never coming back, watch your future fade."
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. The dreaded "Save data can not be accessed" happened...
  • Topic Archived