This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. The dreaded "Save data can not be accessed" happened...

User Info: Kaizukezu

Kaizukezu
5 years ago#1
...to my copy of Black 2. Tried everything suggested on Nintendo's website, and multiple threads posted in the Black2/White2 forum, and nothing. Two things came from this: the bad thing- I don't remember what all Pokemon I had on my save file, except a few level 80+ team members I used on White. the good thing- Nearly all the important event legendaries and my entire completed PC boxes is on my White version, so I'm pretty sure nothing TOO valuable was lost.

Just sucks too, because X and Y were so close to being released, and Pokebank is not too far off, so if the save file held out a while longer I could have saved the lives of all my Pokemanz. :(

And to clear one thing up before people start accusing me, I have NEVER hacked/cheated/AR'd/Pokegen'd/PokeGTS'd/etc. anything on or off of my Black 2 copy, so I'm pretty sure it was not from that. (And yes, I DID try to game in multiple DS/3DS systems and it would not work in any of them.
3DS Friend Code- 2535-3717-4504
White Friend Code- 0476-3773-4673

User Info: AlI_About_The_U

AlI_About_The_U
5 years ago#2
soz, man
http://i.imgur.com/Fd6pTd6.jpg

User Info: niklnip

niklnip
5 years ago#3
Did you try popping the cartridge out and putting it back in or very gently cleaning the connectors? :/
Black 2 Friend Code [Nikl]: 0433-7110-2756
Official Swoobat of the Pokemon X board

Kaizukezu
5 years ago#4
AlI_About_The_U posted...
soz, man

Meh, it was the weaker of my two 5th Gen Pokemon games, so it's not too big a deal. I'll just buy another copy on amazon or something.

But this just gives people something to think about:

Maybe Pokemon Bank IS NOT such a bad idea. Because at least it'll save your Pokemon from something like this happening and losing 100+ hours of game time because of a faulty game cartridge.

Kaizukezu
5 years ago#5
niklnip posted...
Did you try popping the cartridge out and putting it back in or very gently cleaning the connectors? :/

"tried everything suggested" to quote myself.

Someone did say to use rubbing alcohol to clean the contacts, but I'm a bit weary on that one, and the contacts aren't even dirty or scratched.

User Info: Kazusa

Kazusa
5 years ago#6
Did you frequently remove and reinsert the cartridge before this happened? I've always been worried about this, and have been frequently backing things up on Pokecheck.
you know the closer you get to something
the tougher it is to see it

User Info: niklnip

niklnip
5 years ago#7
Kaizukezu posted...
niklnip posted...

Someone did say to use rubbing alcohol to clean the contacts, but I'm a bit weary on that one, and the contacts aren't even dirty or scratched.

Well at this point it's worth a shot, huh? Either it completely screws it over or it fixes it. Leaving it just, well... It's done.
Black 2 Friend Code [Nikl]: 0433-7110-2756
Official Swoobat of the Pokemon X board

Kaizukezu
5 years ago#8
TranquilSea posted...
Did you frequently remove and reinsert the cartridge before this happened? I've always been worried about this, and have been frequently backing things up on Pokecheck.

Nope, I actually had the cartridge in my 3DSXL for the past couple weeks. Have only turned on the 3DSXL to receive play coins while walking around at work.

Someone mentioned in a different thread on the B2/W2 forum that it could have possibly been a saving issue. Where maybe I didn't wait long enough to save. But I've usually been pretty good about not shutting the system down, or Home-buttoning at all while saving, because I knew the save file could be corrupted from that.

The weird thing is it won't even let me access the game to start a new save file, it just loads up a screen after selecting the icon to start the game, and the error message pops up.

As far as the Pokecheck thing, is it a website I can go to? Do I need some extra peripheral/accessory to use Pokecheck?

Kaizukezu
5 years ago#9
niklnip posted...
Kaizukezu posted...
niklnip posted...

Well at this point it's worth a shot, huh? Either it completely screws it over or it fixes it. Leaving it just, well... It's done.

I suppose you have a point there. XD May as well try it and see what happens.

User Info: Missingno_Mastr

Missingno_Mastr
5 years ago#10
...I'm a little scared now. ._. What if this happens to my Black 2? I can't bear to lose any of those Pokémon! Some of them are over 10 years old! My condolences, though, TC. I hope you can fix your game.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9247960/1/404-Error
http://gottaglitchemall.smackjeeves.com/
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. The dreaded "Save data can not be accessed" happened...
  • Topic Archived