This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Using a Charizard in battle is usually life or death?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Using a Charizard in battle is usually life or death?

User Info: reaverz

reaverz
4 years ago#11
I don't think Charizard's tails go out until they DO die. I distinctly remember Ash's Charizard being submerged in a body of water in its goodbye episode, tail and all. When it came back up, it lifted its tail out of the water and its flame was still burning.
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]

User Info: Lexifox

Lexifox
4 years ago#12
reaverz posted...
I don't think Charizard's tails go out until they DO die. I distinctly remember Ash's Charizard being submerged in a body of water in its goodbye episode, tail and all. When it came back up, it lifted its tail out of the water and its flame was still burning.

The anime tends to ignore stuff for comedic, dramatic, etc. effect.
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod

User Info: Spartan_Vice

Spartan_Vice
4 years ago#13
reaverz posted...

The anime tends to ignore stuff for comedic, dramatic, etc. effect.

Yeahhh the anime doesn't have clear rules at all about what is and isn't a thing. I remember the episode where Ash fought that guys Poliwrath and then they had to spend the whole episode making sure Charizard's tail didn't burn out because it got water gunned the hell out of then Charizard was frozen and yeah plot device stuff.
http://i.imgur.com/Pzq4j.gif

User Info: Ventanrex

Ventanrex
4 years ago#14
javel34 posted...
Spoink is the one you got to worry about.

This. Gamefreak was in a sadistic mood when they wrote that thing's pokedex entry. -_-
A person is a person, no matter how small. -Horton
Founding Knight of Safe Haven.

User Info: David_741

David_741
4 years ago#15
How an earth does Spoink survive when he gets paralyzed or frozen?
FC: 5286 0685 2561

User Info: kaonohiokala

kaonohiokala
4 years ago#16
Charizard's fire is no ordinary flame. It's an advanced flame.
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko

User Info: sonic2307

sonic2307
4 years ago#17
Charizard can swim with his tail submerged in Super Smash Bros Brawl.
I'm Sonic. Sonic the Hedgehog.
3DS FC: 0962-9436-8898 Name: Shadow the Hedgehog

User Info: crunchy612

crunchy612
4 years ago#18
Psh, Spoink. If you want the creeps, Gothita's line and Yamask's line take the cake.
Ragnarok: Tetra Vortex Warlock :3
YancyYancyYancyYancyYancy! <3 http://i.imgur.com/5o2PG35.png

User Info: Defender31415

Defender31415
4 years ago#19
Uh... when it comes to Pokedex entries, Kadabra in FR. Or... Hypno. *flees on the back of a Pidgeot*
--- LG Nuzlocke Team: Percy (Blastoise), Sora (Pidgeot), Xena (Primeape), La-Z-Boy (Snorlax), Caitlin (Kadabra)

User Info: Chaos_Missile

Chaos_Missile
4 years ago#20
Hierarchy225 posted...
Something that I've always thought about in the back of my mind.

When a pokemon loses a battle they usually fall unconscious or "faint". But then I think about Charizard and its tail. If the fire on its tail is extinguished it dies. Period.

What happens if a charizard fights in the rain or any pokemon with a water move gets a lucky hit and splashes on the tail? Isn't that a OHK rather than a OHKO?

How do you faint when you're facing with:-
a) an fissure that you fall into before the crevice closes up
b) absolute zero temp with little chance of thawing(speaking of which, does Sheer Cold work on Ice types? How?)
c) Getting drilled in the chest
d) Self-Explanatory: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guillotine
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Using a Charizard in battle is usually life or death?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived