• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Fantasy Book I
  3. chapter 3 freeze post patch (spoilers)

User Info: Niwashi

Niwashi
7 years ago#11
geekneck99 posted...
Deleting then reinstalling the game but not DLing the patch let me beat Jerald's Story. Now for the intermission...

How do you play it without installing the patch? On my system, it auto-updated itself to version 1.1 the next time I started the game after the update was released. Now I'm stuck at that same point in chapter 3 that was mentioned in the original post of this thread.

There had been a few (seemingly random) points before when the game froze up on me, but re-starting my PS3 and resuming from my previous save got me past those points. Now this one seems to be consistent at a certain point in the story, where it blocks any further advancement. I've re-started a couple times from my last save, but each time it locks up at a black screen while they're at the inn.

User Info: geekneck99

geekneck99
7 years ago#12
How do you play it without installing the patch? On my system, it auto-updated itself to version 1.1 the next time I started the game after the update was released.

When the game tells you that a patch has been found, you should be able to opt out simply by pressing the circle button to cancel instead of the cross button (X) to confirm. Try checking your system's settings if it doesn't. Reinstalling the patch later is simply a matter of booting up the game again from the XMB and letting it update.

As for deleting and reinstalling a game, it simply gives you the "vanilla" version again, and any patches or DLC for it have to be reinstalled.
If you can read this,
You don't need glasses.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Fantasy Book I
  3. chapter 3 freeze post patch (spoilers)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

How do i cross save?? Tech Support1 Answer