• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. Need help making a pure Pyromancer
Bryan_Skull 1 year ago#1
I went back to an old system. Can someone help me with this build. I seen alot of youtubers post this and that. They don't give me the stats. I think I have the basic version of the game. So what gear should I use. I plan using Sorcerer as a base class. Then leveling up faith. So how should I focus on my build. I need faith,intelliance and attune.
I am an ArchLich. My magic can't be beaten.
Alltra 1 year ago#2
You're not going to be very successful if you don't develop your weapons too. Magic can be extremely potent, but its nullified easily. The big two being Silence and GMB/Elemental Defence gear. Pyromancy is also extremely hard to hit with.

Unless, you're talking PvE, in which case, its irrelevant how you build yourself.
The meaning of life is to suffer and be miserable.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming. Sometimes "Done" is the best feature.
Bryan_Skull 1 year ago#3
Alltra posted...
You're not going to be very successful if you don't develop your weapons too. Magic can be extremely potent, but its nullified easily. The big two being Silence and GMB/Elemental Defence gear. Pyromancy is also extremely hard to hit with.

Unless, you're talking PvE, in which case, its irrelevant how you build yourself.

I planning on playing the old system offline. Not to insult but I don't think the xbox 360 still has internet features for Dark souls 2.
Alltra 1 year ago#4
So why are you asking here then?

But regardless, if you're playing solo, f*** it, your build is irrelevant.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming. Sometimes "Done" is the best feature.
Bryan_Skull 1 year ago#5
Alltra posted...
So why are you asking here then?

But regardless, if you're playing solo, f*** it, your build is irrelevant.
I seek a build step to step. Remember I'm starting fresh. So new starting tips are very helpful.
Alltra 1 year ago#6
You don't need one, builds are only meaningful for PvP.
THE_SQUIREL 10 months ago#7
Late to the party, but pure pyro is VERY viable. And fun. I made a tutorial, it's in portuguese, but I added Subtitles for English.

Basically, get your Piro flame to +7 ASAP and get Rosabeth. After that, get the 3 pyromancies at BoB and you are set. Fire whip is BADDASS against Ruin Sentinels and Mytha, as seen at the end of the video.

End game, on 155 build, you'll want something like
35 VIG - less if only PvE
30 END - more is only PvE
09 VIT - Flyinn if needed
40 ATT - slots, and your agility comes mostly from here
18 STR - Axe
05 DEX - Base Cleric
13 ADP - 99 agi
29 INT -- |
- ------------|- hexer's hood to 30/30 (fire dmg cap)
29 FTH-- |

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZF_WiPx7-g
One who knows nothing can understand nothing
(edited 10 months ago)
Toan 5 months ago#8
@Alltra posted...
You don't need one, builds are only meaningful for PvP.
I wish I was here nine months ago. This is one of the s***tiest pieces of advice I've ever heard
God promises to make something good out of the storms that bring devastation to your life.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. Need help making a pure Pyromancer
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A