• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. I was reminded today...

User Info: Alltra

Alltra
3 months ago#11
I wasn't judging the game, at least not entirely, on just this one instance. There's tons of other similarly designed stupidness. This was merely the flavor of the moment to complain about.
The meaning of life is to suffer and be miserable.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
3 months ago#12
Alltra posted...
I wasn't judging the game, at least not entirely, on just this one instance. There's tons of other similarly designed stupidness. This was merely the flavor of the moment to complain about.
It’s sad as I love ice levels and frigid outskirts is everything that can go wrong in designing one
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 USun: Stella; UMoon: Frosty; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

User Info: Alltra

Alltra
3 months ago#13
The area in concept is essentially the same as the Tomb of Giants in DkS, except in reverse, using excessive light to reduce visibility. They just forgot all the small "Quality of Life" aspects that made ToG enjoyable.

Can you picture it? ToG with no Bonfires, no way to produce light to help you see, random bone pillars spawning near infinitely but MUCH more powerful (and probably in tight areas with giant skeletons or skeleton dogs flanking you), and Nito being a much nastier boss that if you lost to would force you to do the whole area again. That's pretty much Frigid Outskirts.
The meaning of life is to suffer and be miserable.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
3 months ago#14
I prefer ice over danky tomb...
at least we can club smash ponies eventually until they all gone plus a hot spring Pharos stone.

that tomb is a disgrace without a divine weapon.
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 USun: Stella; UMoon: Frosty; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. I was reminded today...
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A