• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. I was reminded today...

User Info: Alltra

Alltra
9 months ago#1
...just how horridly designed the levels and bosses are in this game. I'm co oping here in Fridgid Outskirts, and it's gotta be the most annoying, time consuming, and horrible experience in this series. I can't see why anyone other than insane masochists like myself would ever set foot in this wretched place. I pretty much turn my brightness off in order to have any chance at navigation, and frankly speaking, even then you practically have to crawl along or you'll get gang rapped by My Little Pony.

The boss itself is a big dick in your eye hole, the icing of which creams out your ears and nose...

I'm effectively 1/6 tonight here.
The meaning of life is to suffer and be miserable.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
9 months ago#2
Well it’s frigid outskirts

And I like icy snow levels

Reindeers giving you a nice kick to the face?!
😛
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 USun: Stella; UMoon: Frosty; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

Alltra
9 months ago#3
I like snow levels too, but you can't tell because it's a whiteout. I might as well be walking on the sun.

gamemaster712
9 months ago#4
Alltra posted...
I like snow levels too, but you can't tell because it's a whiteout. I might as well be walking on the sun.

Prolly burned to a crisp
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 USun: Stella; UMoon: Frosty; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder

User Info: riddlebox89

riddlebox89
9 months ago#5
If you hate this game so much, why are you still playing it?
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.

Alltra
9 months ago#6
At least then there'd be some contrast. I think another issue is how sprawling and empty it is. Unnessarily so, as far as I'm concerned.

I know they want to make it hard, hardcore, punishing....however I don't believe this is how you achieve that. This is more annoying and frustrating than it is difficult. The most effective ways to progress are essetially excercises in patience and take a lot of time. That in itself isn't so bad, that kind of challenge isn't all that enjoyable, to me at least, but it's not terrible or bad. The way it's implemented feels excessive though. Had they found a way to, for example, turn off the respawing unicorns that didn't require grinding them till their respawing was exhausted, or created a shortcut or checkpoint so that once you were successful surviving the trek you didn't have to repeat the process, it would have been more enjoyable. Hell, going that route, they could have upped the respawing rate and even increased the number of enemies to compensate.

User Info: Manormanmark

Manormanmark
6 months ago#7
Got to disagree bro, ds2 was a great game. Plus, ever since demons souls they've been reusing areas

gamemaster712
6 months ago#8
Manormanmark posted...
Got to disagree bro, ds2 was a great game. Plus, ever since demons souls they've been reusing areas

But they’ve yet to capture certain feels.
There will never be a feeling like boletaria palace again or tower of latria

User Info: Biochemic

Biochemic
6 months ago#9
riddlebox89 posted...
If you hate this game so much, why are you still playing it?

He said he was a masochist.

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
3 months ago#10
...just how horridly designed the levels and bosses are in this game. I'm co oping here in Fridgid Outskirts, and it's gotta be the most annoying, time consuming, and horrible experience in this series.

On the bright side, Lud and Zallen are so brutal that you'll despawn at the killer horses long before you beat them so it'll just be a nice leisurely stroll through the snow every time. Good times.

Well it’s frigid outskirts

Seriously. Dude's judging the game from easily the most annoying save point in probably the entire series. This is like saying the Godfather sucks because Sonny missed a punch in that one fight scene.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. I was reminded today...
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A