Anyone willing to trade some Visible Aurous set pieces?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. Anyone willing to trade some Visible Aurous set pieces?

User Info: SolidxSnake

SolidxSnake
4 weeks ago#1
I've only got vanilla DS2 (no dlc yet), but I was considering farming this set. I've got around 40 bonfire ascetics, but I figured I'd see if anyone has any for trade before I lose my patience going for this. I've heard it's quite tedious.
"You think this letter on my head stands for France!?" - Captain America

User Info: Alltra

Alltra
4 weeks ago#2
It's really not that bad. I thought the same thing when I first started, but after actually doing it, it's not that bad. It was honestly relatively simple and didn't really demand a large time investment.

The caveat though, is that I used the quit game method. You basically kill all the enemies on the ship except the phantom that drops the set. Then you quit from the menu to create a hard save. After that, go up to the phantom and beat him to within an inch of it's life, and menu quit again to create another hard save. You'll always respawn with the phantom at low health. Kill it, if you don't get what you want quit from the PS Menu, then reload and try again till you do. When you do, quit from the game menu to create a hard save. Then go kill the boss, and use another Ascetic. Rinse and repeat till you get everything.
The meaning of life is to suffer and be miserable.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.

SolidxSnake
4 weeks ago#3
So, just kill everything around/in the boat except for the phantom wearing the set. Quit the game via start menu -> quit game so it saves. Hop on the boat, beat up the phantom until he's almost dead and quit the game like before. Then kill him when I reload. How much time do I have to pick up his stuff and see what it is before I quit again? I remember hearing about some kind of boss fog door trick that sounds similar to this. But you had to lure Aurous down to the boss door and click the fog door and quit the game instead of the PS button.

User Info: ScarletSuzumiya

ScarletSuzumiya
4 weeks ago#4
I've never tried the method Alltra mentioned personally, so I can only speak for the boss door method. I'll talk about that one since you asked about it.

Using the boss door method, you can kill him as much as you want with one ascetic and keep everything he drops each time, so long as you don't mess up your timing. It's rather easy. Kill everything on the ship (not strictly necessary, it's a convenience thing) then beat him until you can kill him in one more hit, same as the method Alltra mentioned. Then you want the game to save (you can force this most of the time by simply changing your equipment or dropping an item, but quitting also works) and then you're all set.

What you need to do next is (after your game has saved with him at low health once) wait for the game to start autosaving - you can trigger this yourself by messing with your equipped armor. I like to just equip/unequip my hand armor until it starts autosaving. Once it does, kill him, pick up his item, enter the boss door and then quit back to the title screen (from the ingame menu) before the game finishes autosaving. When you load your file again, you'll be outside the boss fog, you'll have any items you picked up, and he will still be alive - so long as you've done all this while the game is still in the middle of that autosave, and you didn't give it time to start another.

This way sounds like it could be potentially faster than the other method because you don't have to keep reloading the entire game and burning more ascetics and clearing the area, but both should work perfectly fine so it's more of a matter of preference, whichever way you want to do it.

Both methods work for any type of enemy you want to farm that you can bring close enough to the boss fog. It's mostly used here, and for the Painting Protector armor.

SolidxSnake
4 weeks ago#5
Well, I just setup for the fog door method. Don't have time to actually do it right now - but the ship is cleared, he's almost dead, and I walked off the ship and let the game autosave. Then I quit to the title screen. Now I just need to lure him down to the fog door, wait for an autosave, and then kill him right? Then run into the fog door and quit as I end the door? How much leeway do I have for quitting when entering the door?

User Info: ScarletSuzumiya

ScarletSuzumiya
4 weeks ago#6
SolidxSnake posted...
Well, I just setup for the fog door method. Don't have time to actually do it right now - but the ship is cleared, he's almost dead, and I walked off the ship and let the game autosave. Then I quit to the title screen. Now I just need to lure him down to the fog door, wait for an autosave, and then kill him right? Then run into the fog door and quit as I end the door? How much leeway do I have for quitting when entering the door?

I can't say I know exactly why entering the door affects this, but it just makes it work, it's weird. The timing on the door part isn't too strict though, and the entering animation should be long enough to quit out pretty easily I believe. The biggest factor is probably going to be making sure you kill him quickly once the autosave starts, then quitting to the title before the autosave ends.

SolidxSnake
4 weeks ago#7
ScarletSuzumiya posted...
SolidxSnake posted...

I can't say I know exactly why entering the door affects this, but it just makes it work, it's weird. The timing on the door part isn't too strict though, and the entering animation should be long enough to quit out pretty easily I believe. The biggest factor is probably going to be making sure you kill him quickly once the autosave starts, then quitting to the title before the autosave ends.

Well, I have him at 1 hit to die right now. So I'll let you guys know how it goes.

SolidxSnake
4 weeks ago#8
And..done! Got the whole set. Took about 15-18 kills, but he coughed it up. no idea why FROM made it so that he didn't normally respawn..

User Info: Alltra

Alltra
4 weeks ago#9
As long as you don't trigger an auto save, you can pick up the item and then quit right after if it's not what you want. The timing is pretty forgiving in my experience. The only time I ever screwed it up was when I accidentally went for an in game quit instead of a PS quit.
The meaning of life is to suffer and be miserable.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.

SolidxSnake
4 weeks ago#10
Alltra posted...
As long as you don't trigger an auto save, you can pick up the item and then quit right after if it's not what you want. The timing is pretty forgiving in my experience. The only time I ever screwed it up was when I accidentally went for an in game quit instead of a PS quit.

I actually messed it up on the last attempt I did. Luckily he dropped the leggings, so I didn't need him anymore. Thank you for your help.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. Anyone willing to trade some Visible Aurous set pieces?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived