So I got around to playing this again - realized I still needed NG++ for plat...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. So I got around to playing this again - realized I still needed NG++ for plat...

User Info: SolidxSnake

SolidxSnake
4 months ago#1
Completely forgot I needed NG++ to get that last miracle and pyro at Drangleic castle. Last time I played I was farming the giant lord for souls to level up my main past 300. So I logged on last night to just go ahead and finish it off, and figured I'd farm the Giant Lord some more to get the required souls for skipping Shrine of Winter in NG+ and NG++. I never bothered going into either because I could just bonefire ascetic areas and turn them into NG areas.

Anyway, decided to refarm the Giant Lord last night, but since I've done it so many times that area has 60 or 70 ascetics on it. So he takes a little while even with hexes. I think I killed him 30 times yesterday, and it's just taking too long. I don't really feel like playing through the whole game again twice just to get a miracle and a pyromancy. So if anyone would be willing to trade for some souls of great heros (since you can't drop boss souls), I'd be happy to upgrade something for you, and toss it back on the ground for you. I have a bunch of a titaniite slabs (26), around 25 twinkling titanite, about 12 each of faintstones, bolt stones, and firedrake stones, 13-15 darknight, poison, bleed, raw, magic, old mundane stones. I've also got 30 of those fireseeds if you need a pyro glove upgraded. I don't really have any boss souls that I could upgrade into a weapon for you.

I'll likely need a whole lot of those souls of a great hero - probably 135+. (on vanilla DS2 - don't have the DLC or SotFS)
"You think this letter on my head stands for France!?" - Captain America

User Info: Alltra

Alltra
4 months ago#2
If you can, try finding an invasion partner. Somebody you can get to invade you, that you can farm for souls. Literally take you about a half hour to farm enough souls that way.
The meaning of life is to suffer and be miserable.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.

User Info: RapidDarkness

RapidDarkness
4 months ago#3
Does the shrine skip work like that? Like if you grind 6mil sm in ng does that set you up to get you through the shrine in subsequent cycles? I had the feeling the sm to bypass the shrine had to be accumulated within the current cycle.
I wear no mask.

SolidxSnake
4 months ago#4
Alltra posted...
If you can, try finding an invasion partner. Somebody you can get to invade you, that you can farm for souls. Literally take you about a half hour to farm enough souls that way.

Unfortunately, I have no one. So I've been farming giant memories. I kill the giant lord - get the bonfire ascetic and giant lord soul there. Then I go to the the other two giant memories near by. The first one has some souls of great heroes, and brave souls laying around and a bonfire ascetic. Memory of Orro has a great hero soul, and a few of the other bigger souls too. I've already got like 30 giant lord souls from a while back. If I do this run around 25-28 more times I'll have enough souls to get through the gate in NG+, and enough consumables leftover to get me around 2.2 million souls at the begging of NG++. That's a good chunk of it for NG++. Afterwards, I figure if I can make it down to the Rotten and kill him a few times in NG++, and consume a couple of his souls I'll hit the magic 3 million mark pretty fast. Maybe even by just killing things up to the Rotten.

RapidDarkness posted...
Does the shrine skip work like that? Like if you grind 6mil sm in ng does that set you up to get you through the shrine in subsequent cycles? I had the feeling the sm to bypass the shrine had to be accumulated within the current cycle.

Pretty much. It has to be souls you've earned/consumed on that run though. If you're holding 6 million souls it won't let you through. It has to be things you've killed/consumed on NG+ or NG++ for it to work. So if you have 2 or 3 million souls worth of consumable souls in your inventory that you've grind'd from a prior run it will work fine.

User Info: RapidDarkness

RapidDarkness
4 months ago#5
Ah, you're farming consumable souls. Gotcha now. Sounds brutal. I'd say you've just got to roll your sleeves up and get the job done. Maybe mix things up by farming the Rotten like you said.
I wear no mask.

SolidxSnake
4 months ago#6
RapidDarkness posted...
Ah, you're farming consumable souls. Gotcha now. Sounds brutal. I'd say you've just got to roll your sleeves up and get the job done. Maybe mix things up by farming the Rotten like you said.

Yeah, it's a little annoying. Especially if you slip and let Giant Lord hit you. You die instantly.

User Info: ScarletSuzumiya

ScarletSuzumiya
4 months ago#7
SolidxSnake posted...
RapidDarkness posted...

Yeah, it's a little annoying. Especially if you slip and let Giant Lord hit you. You die instantly.

You can stop yourself from dying instantly if you bring your HP a little ways over 2000, though. Just thought that might be interesting or possibly helpful. It seems there's a cap on PvE damage taken so that enemies can't be forced into instakilling you, but it's a bit inconsistent between different enemies. I honestly don't know exactly how much you need, but I've always just shot for ""2000+'ish"" and that's been good for me to not die to Giant Lord, though.

Or you could just cast Denial if you want to survive with 1 HP, I guess that also works.

Edit: Changed wording a bit
Edit 2: Denial is a DLC spell, I forgot, but that bit still applies to other people I guess

SolidxSnake
4 months ago#8
ScarletSuzumiya posted...
SolidxSnake posted...
RapidDarkness posted...

You can stop yourself from dying instantly if you bring your HP a little ways over 2000, though. Just thought that might be interesting or possibly helpful. It seems there's a cap on PvE damage taken so that enemies can't be forced into instakilling you, but it's a bit inconsistent between different enemies. I honestly don't know exactly how much you need, but I've always just shot for ""2000+'ish"" and that's been good for me to not die to Giant Lord, though.

Or you could just cast Denial if you want to survive with 1 HP, I guess that also works.

Edit: Changed wording a bit
Edit 2: Denial is a DLC spell, I forgot, but that bit still applies to other people I guess

I have almost 2400 and he one shot'd me when I missed a roll yesterday. Maybe it's buggy? Then again, my Giant Lord area is like +65 at this point.

User Info: ScarletSuzumiya

ScarletSuzumiya
4 months ago#9
SolidxSnake posted...
I have almost 2400 and he one shot'd me when I missed a roll yesterday. Maybe it's buggy? Then again, my Giant Lord area is like +65 at this point.

It might be closer to 2500 honestly, I can't say that I remember how much for sure. I just know that he doesn't OHKO me anymore at max strength (I believe +7 is where it stops rising in this game? I forget, but mine is 40 or so)

Sorry if that isn't very helpful, I can try checking how much damage he deals for me if you'd like but that's really up to you, just if you're interested or anything.

It could be any number of things making a damage difference too honestly. And it being buggy is not outside the realm of possibility either because we all know how strange this game can be at times. so who knows lol

SolidxSnake
4 months ago#10
ScarletSuzumiya posted...
SolidxSnake posted...

It might be closer to 2500 honestly, I can't say that I remember how much for sure. I just know that he doesn't OHKO me anymore at max strength (I believe +7 is where it stops rising in this game? I forget, but mine is 40 or so)

Sorry if that isn't very helpful, I can try checking how much damage he deals for me if you'd like but that's really up to you, just if you're interested or anything.

It could be any number of things making a damage difference too honestly. And it being buggy is not outside the realm of possibility either because we all know how strange this game can be at times. so who knows lol

Nah, you're fine man. It's just tedious more than anything having to do this just for 1 miracle and 1 pyromancy...lol.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. So I got around to playing this again - realized I still needed NG++ for plat...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived