I could use some help.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. I could use some help.

User Info: DaTalkingMonooo

DaTalkingMonooo
1 year ago#1
Well I want to get to the lost bastille, But The pursuer, Is too hard for me right now, And I want to try to go In from No Man's Wharf, But I always get 3 hit- Killed by those blue things with huge arms. I was just wondering If anyone would help me on this. |PSN: Datalkingmonooo|
PSN: Datalkingmonooo.

User Info: dbvirago

dbvirago
1 year ago#2
Either carry a torch, or use a lockstone to turn on the lights.

Also, you can get through the area without encountering those guys.

DaTalkingMonooo
1 year ago#3
Where would I go to use the lock stone.? Because I don't want to go searching for any torches right now.

dbvirago
1 year ago#4
It's close to the water just past the area that's blocked off. Go up the stairs in the middle. Halfway up, turn right, dispatch the dog and guy there and keep bearing back to the right. It's on a platform over the water. It turns on the lights and makes those guys hide.

dbvirago
1 year ago#5
One thing though. This means all the ones up top will hide in the house. This makes it tougher to get to Gavlan. So if you want to sell some stuff, you may want to find him first.

DaTalkingMonooo
1 year ago#6
Alright thanks, But Another thing would you be able to help me with the boss, In this area.?

User Info: grimreaper698

grimreaper698
1 year ago#7
FLEXILE SENTRY

Use the pillar in the middle of the boss room to give yourself breathing room, use your highest upgraded weapon OR grab a rapier for a few bob from the blacksmith.
Use a pine resin (gold since it's in water) or an aromatic ooze for a little extra kick (though you probably won't have either of those yet).

THE PURSUER

Use the buckler shield or it's similarly sized companion to parry the pursuer in front of the balista's, quicly run to a balista & shoot him, he will lose about 99% of his HP (if you hit him) & then all you have to do is slap him, exit the boss room, drop down the hole in the floor, grab the item, equip the shield (16 STR needed), go back to the boss room, use the birds nest, rest at the bonfire & your's in the bastille.

Oh yeah, Opening up the wall to the blacksmith is easier from the pursuer side of the bastille.
Here I come on my pale horse to drag you all to the underworld

dbvirago
1 year ago#8
I only play offline. Sorry.

Take Lucatiel with you, but you'll want to clear the way first. She makes it easy,

I'm a Sorcerer this time around and beat the Pursuer first time, mostly with spells. You get 2-3 free as soon as you get through the fog. Then keep your distance, dodge the rush attach and get 1-2 casts off before you run away again.

In 4 tries, I've never been able to get the balista to work for me.

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
1 year ago#9
This means all the ones up top will hide in the house. This makes it tougher to get to Gavlan.

Not too hard. Get them after you and they'll give chase...get to the entrance and they'll shy back and then you can attack and get a cheap hit in. Rinse, repeat.

Use the buckler shield or it's similarly sized companion to parry the pursuer in front of the balista's, quicly run to a balista & shoot him,

Just bait his dash move...it's easy to dodge and you can then backstab him or just get in some quick stabs. Just back off or block everything else he does if you're not sure. ALWAYS be strafing circles around him or backing off to bait the dash. He's tricky to start but really not that tough.

Also, a big benefit is you get your first 100% physical shield on a corpse that is right after Pursuer. A HUGE help.

In 4 tries, I've never been able to get the balista to work for me.

I never tried it. Not needed.

dbvirago
1 year ago#10
I only used the lockstone there once. Preferred to fight the stalkers without it since you could mostly fight them one at a time.

Pursuer - Dash move is what I meant. As a caster it was easy to get enough distance where he tried that, easy dodge, cast once or twice then run away again.

And yes, that shield took me until I got the royal kite shield and could have used it all the way through. I think I did last game.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. I could use some help.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived