str and dex for a sorcerer

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. str and dex for a sorcerer

User Info: dbvirago

dbvirago
1 year ago#21
Thanks, I'm PVE only. Yeah, I've brought the Fire sword along have it upgraded to+3. I think I have strength up to about 14. Using the Blue wooden shield which I think has 85%. Used it to survive the first Sentinel, but damn those guys are fast. I have a mace, but don't have any hammers yet.

I'll head back in with the mace and some pine resin.

User Info: hishong

hishong
1 year ago#22
I got my strength and dex high enough to be able to use the Drangleic Shield and a Falchion asap, as they can both be obtained very early in the game. I just used a Falchion+6 until I got the MLGS and eventually the Watcher Greatsword and never felt underpowered.

For spells, I'd just use multiple scrolls of Great Heavy Soul Arrow (can buy unlimited at some point from the Sorcerer guy that ends up staying in Majula) and/or Soul Spear (can get multiple by using Ascetics at the correct bonfire, I think Bridge Approach) to start with.

Later on, it's ridiculously easy to level by just farming the Giant Lord since an Ascetic respawns in the same room he is in so I was able to level my attunement from 20 to 94 insanely fast and with 10 slots I am just using 5 scrolls of Crystal Soul Spear. Freja is very very easy to farm as well, Soul Spear pierces through her body to hit the small spiders so they go down quickly and her own patterns are very easy to read and avoid ever getting hit.

dbvirago
1 year ago#23
Had another run at the Ruin Sentinels. Got lucky in that the phantom dropped down and kept the other two busy after I killed the first one. Almost got them both with magic, but they got tied up in the corner and pummeled the phantom. I should have stayed on the platform.

OTH, I just killed the Pursuer with magic

User Info: Animerican

Animerican
1 year ago#24
Hey if you haven't beaten them by, 9:00ish, give me a ring and I can help you with them
Best Waifu!!
https://imgur.com/L7s1eiA

dbvirago
1 year ago#25
Thanks. Beat them. Even though I fell off the platform.

Beat them with melee mostly, but currently using SA and GHSA for magic. What's next/better in sorcery?

dbvirago
1 year ago#26
Crap!. Forgot about that freaking black phantom at the top of Belfry Luna.

User Info: grimreaper698

grimreaper698
1 year ago#27
What's next/better in sorcery?

Soul spear (crap in V1.00), crystal soul spear & soul geyser. you get soul spear in huntsmans copse, drop into a hut by the archers, can be farmed with ascetics. You get crystal soul spear from the NG+ soul from the dukes dear freja, ascetic works. You get soul geyser in a pool of acid in aldia's keep, don't know if an ascetic works never tried.
Here I come on my pale horse to drag you all to the underworld

dbvirago
1 year ago#28
Thanks. Any good way to kill Belfry Gargoyles with magic?

User Info: grimreaper698

grimreaper698
1 year ago#29
Any good way to kill Belfry Gargoyles with magic?

Can't recall if I've taken 'em on with a sorc so I dunno if they got high res, I'm gonna assuming they die within 4-6 shots.

Grab yourself 20-30 lifegems (not that many needed but you never know...).

After entering the fog shoot the one on the left once then run to the other side. Crush a lifegems for the last few steps (should stop about 5 paces from the wall) Fire off 1/2/3 shots depending on their distance. Run to the other, crush, fire, run, repeat.

Focus on 1 target til it's dead 'cause IIRC if you weaken them all down then another will join the party, so you could end up fighting 5 gargoyles, not a good idea.

If you ascetics them (should be the bonfire after the boss room) & kill them you'll get a covetous gold serpent ring+2 (IIRC that if).
Here I come on my pale horse to drag you all to the underworld

dbvirago
1 year ago#30
I'll try that. Thanks.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. str and dex for a sorcerer

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived