str and dex for a sorcerer

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. str and dex for a sorcerer

User Info: dbvirago

dbvirago
1 year ago#11
Yeah, I used the Dragonrider bow for most of late game last time. Only regret is I never invested in stamina, so I could only fire off 3 shots before I had to pause. It was a beast though.

I think I ate the throne watcher soul last time.

Another thing I didn't pay enough attention to was scaling. This run, once I'm comfortable with my base stats, I hope to raise Int to a fairly high level. Will need to pay attention to weapons, etc. that scale with Int.

Finally, since I suck at fighting, I tried to keep tanked with my equip load in the high 90%s. This time, I'm committed to keeping under 50% and keep mobile.

I tend to play slow and careful with a lot of grinding. So far, I'm most of the way through Forest of Fallen Giants, clearing enemies til they disappear as I go. Amazingly, I haven't died yet, and the times I've come close, I just got cocky or careless.

Looking forward to a looong run this time. I've saved my old game as I never quite finished. It will be interesting to see how I stack up once I get back to that point. Besides the final boss, I didn't beat Fume Knight or Vendrick.

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
1 year ago#12
Sorcery: Crystal soul spear - old paledrake soul (NG+ soul) - 53 INT.
My recommendation: I have had no experience with this spell

Worth it. Farm Freja to get a few copies. Probably the most powerful spell and it's a quicker casting than even normal soul spears. Can mess up most bosses.

So far, I'm most of the way through Forest of Fallen Giants, clearing enemies til they disappear as I go.

Not sure if that's worth it. There's far easier way to farm for souls and in much better areas.

User Info: grimreaper698

grimreaper698
1 year ago#13
Worth it. Farm Freja to get a few copies. Probably the most powerful spell and it's a quicker casting than even normal soul spears. Can mess up most bosses.

I'll give it a go later on, though considering that soul spear (not crystal) did 6 points of dmg more (vanilla) than GHSA when I tested them I'm doubtful of it's effectiveness, but we'll see.
Here I come on my pale horse to drag you all to the underworld

dbvirago
1 year ago#14
Hotel_Security posted...
Sorcery: Crystal soul spear - old paledrake soul (NG+ soul) - 53 INT.
My recommendation: I have had no experience with this spell

So far, I'm most of the way through Forest of Fallen Giants, clearing enemies til they disappear as I go.

Not sure if that's worth it. There's far easier way to farm for souls and in much better areas.

Agree, it wastes a lot of time, but not really about farming souls. Just want to take my time this playthrough and not worry about anything behind me. Once I get to where I want to burn ascetics, I'll pick a better place for farming.

I'll try the CSS when I get that far.

Grim, what's your go-to spell. I've just got the plain SA and just got the great soul arrow.

User Info: grimreaper698

grimreaper698
1 year ago#15

Grim, what's your go-to spell. I've just got the plain SA and just got the great soul arrow.

Depends on the build.

Cleric build (not necessarily starting as one): emit force then lightning spear then great lightning spear (that's the order I'll get them so that's the order I'll use them (GLS's for bosses til I have lots of scrolls, lightning spears for rabble while rotating with emit force)

Sorcerer (always start as one): great soul arrow for farming/bosses early on, SA for rabble (replace with HSA when you get it), GHSA for bosses/farming when I get it & um... Um... Then there's a huge gap (unless you farm freja early) until you get crystal soul spear/soul geyser. So I usually end up building up either melee or more often FTH so I can use some lightning spears.

Here's the build i just finished about an hour ago.

SL 141. Sorcerer starting class.

25 vgr & end.
6 vit, 30 att, 16 str (drang shield), 12 dex (was gonna use estoc but didn't), 8 adp, 22 int & 50 fth (dragon chime).

Magic witchtree branch+10, lightning dragon chime+5, broadsword +10.
Drang shield & binocs.

Chloranthy ring+2/southern ritual band+2, 3rd dragon, clear bluestone+2 & ROLP.

Spells: lightning spear x1/x2, great lightning spear x2/x3, profound still x1, soul greatsword x1(spice it down if needed)/GHSA/something else.

Standard robes (no helm)
Here I come on my pale horse to drag you all to the underworld

dbvirago
1 year ago#16
Thanks, LOL, I'm already 25 Int and just finishing Forest. Need to raise AT and get another slot.Then I'm going to raise End for a while. That's always been my weak attribute

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
1 year ago#17
Once I get to where I want to burn ascetics, I'll pick a better place for farming.

No need. Join the Champ's Covenant and everyone spawns forever. Much better than burning ascetics.

dbvirago
1 year ago#18
That's true. I kept forgetting about that last game. This makes the whole game NG+ with spawning like former Soul games, right? I may do it soon. Some of the bosses, I don't want to fight once, much less twice

dbvirago
1 year ago#19
Wow. I thought I remembered the bosses I had problems with the first time, like the Pursuer. So, I thought if I didn't remember fighting them, they must have been easy or I cheesed them, which was the case with the Last Giant, the Dragonrider and the Dragonslayer and the Flexile Sentry.

Then I got to the Ruin Sentinels. I don't remember fighting them at all, but I lasted about 15 seconds. Second attempt, I beat the first one and then got pummeled by the second.

Went over the wall to go get the Antiquated Key, so I guess I'm off to grind some more.

Where is this magic is OP stuff. So far, I'm not seeing it

User Info: Animerican

Animerican
1 year ago#20
dbvirago posted...
Wow. I thought I remembered the bosses I had problems with the first time, like the Pursuer. So, I thought if I didn't remember fighting them, they must have been easy or I cheesed them, which was the case with the Last Giant, the Dragonrider and the Dragonslayer and the Flexile Sentry.

Then I got to the Ruin Sentinels. I don't remember fighting them at all, but I lasted about 15 seconds. Second attempt, I beat the first one and then got pummeled by the second.

Went over the wall to go get the Antiquated Key, so I guess I'm off to grind some more.

Where is this magic is OP stuff. So far, I'm not seeing it

If you need help grab the lightning (gold pine) resin, get a good shield and enough strength to one hand the craftsman's hammer. Or the mace. Use resin on weapon. Block and strike.

I've found that magic is generally not powerful till mid to late game. Anytime I make a magic build I'll pick a knight(bandit, warrior, etc.) and use melee till drangleic. then magic is good cus you have all your main stats like vigor, bit, and agility done. But it is entirely possible to use it before. And a good tip for PvP is that dark is one of the strongest magics because to get dark defenses, you have to raise int and faith.

Edit: if you ever need a person to help coop I'm available pretty much always. My psn is Animerican999
Best Waifu!!
https://imgur.com/L7s1eiA
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. str and dex for a sorcerer

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived