You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. Soul Memory Tiers and Exact Ranges for Multiplayer Connections

User Info: gwwak

gwwak
1 year ago#51
Tag.
Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
Come visit The Range http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1003-

User Info: Subxero7

Subxero7
3 months ago#52
I got around to playing this game for the first time 2 weeks ago. I played the crap out of demon souls way back when then took a break from playing anything in like 2013 till just a few months ago. Got the urge to play demon souls so i went and picked up DS1 and DS2.

Put some solid hrs into DS, did about everything i wanted and it started to get a little dull for me so I finally started DS2. For first playthrough i typically do a blindish, no summon, no shield run. Only after i clear an area and boss ill check an item list for the area to see if i missed anything that sounds like it might be decent.

With that being said i have been playing the whole time without knowing how matchmaking works, and SM until 2 days ago when i seen it mentioned and looked into it. Through my first playthrough i have found the game good but different, somethings seem easy other things a little harder. The whole time i have felt like it has been easy to level up, kept getting a little concerned this build was going to be too high of a level for any coop in NG+. I don't die a whole lot and cash most of my earned souls in so when i got around to seeing the difference between my SM and how many souls it would take to get to my SL i was a little surprised how large it was. At SL 127ish it would take ~1M souls to do the leveling, my SM is right around 1.5M So 500K spent/lost, I have been buying a fair amount of stuff and feel like the most souls i lost at one time was maybe 50k, then another around 25k and a bunch in small clips on way to Undead Purgatory at bonfire level 2.

Either way that puts me at like tier 29 30ish, I can imagine someone who dies a lot more or wastes a lot of souls buying items/weapons you will most likely just find in the game having a much larger gap. Stupid acid pit in Shaded ruins cost me 20K + to repair all my equipment after the 1st time i fell in.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. Soul Memory Tiers and Exact Ranges for Multiplayer Connections