• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. How to complete Benhart's and Lucatiel's quest lines

User Info: SrDikster

SrDikster
7 years ago#1
Hi,

I just completed Benhart of Jugo's and Lucatiel's quest lines. I believe I found a relatively easy and quick way to do them, so I wanted to share my experience. Apologies if this has already been discussed (which I presume might very well be the case).

For the sake of simplicity, in this explanation I'm going to assume you've already unlocked most areas in Drangleic.

Goals

- Speak to each NPC to unlock their quest line
- Summon each NPC for a boss fight 3 times and have them survive
- Get their equipment to get the Monnlight Greatsword and Lucatiel Trophies/Achievements

Benhart of Jugo

1. Talk to him in Majula, before and after rescuing Rosabeth. Exhaust all dialogue
2. At the Royal Army Campsite, in Brightstone Cove Tseldora, clear the entire path up until the fog gate before the Prowling Magus
3. Go back to the campsite and summon Benhart (his summon sign is in one of the tents). If you can also summon a player to help you, all the better
4. Put on the Red Eye Ring, so that enemies attack you and not Benhart (you can just roll or shield up until Benhart kills them all)
5. Defeat the Prowling Magus with Benhart alive
6. Go back to the Royal Army Campsite bonfire and burn a Bonfire Ascetic. Repeat points 2 to 5 two more times
7. Go to the Memory of Orro (that's the giant in the Forest of Fallen Giants, Cardinal Tower, all the way past the area where you fought The Pursuer) and talk to him to get his equipment and the trophy/achievement

Why choose to fight the Prowling Magus three times?

Because it's an easy boss fight, because it takes 5 minutes to prep the stage to safely get Benhart to the boss fight, because leveling up that area indiscriminately through Ascetics isn't risky (I'm at +6 and it's still a safe and easy area to traverse).

Why the Red Eye Ring?

The goal is to keep the NPC alive through this fight, so the Red Eye Ring makes enemies attack you instead, which all but guarantees the NPC survival.

Lucatiel

1. Talk to her in No Man's Wharf and in Black Gulch Mouth. Exhaust all dialogue
2. Summon her in Black Gulch Hidden Chamber (her summon sign is right next to the bonfire). If you can also summon a player to help you, all the better
3. Put on the Red Eye Ring, so that the enemy attack you and not Lucatiel (you can just roll or shield up until Lucatiel kills The Rotten). For this fight, I also strongly recommend a Flame Quartz ring
4. Defeat The Rotten with Lucatiel alive
5. Go back to the Black Gulch Hidden Chamber bonfire and burn a Bonfire Ascetic. Repeat points 2 to 4 two more times
6. Go to the Aldia's Keep Foregarden bonfire and talk to her to get her equipment and the trophy/achievement

Why choose to fight The Rotten three times?

Because it's an easy boss fight (wearing Havel's armor and shield and taking 100% aggro thanks to the Red Eye Ring, all I had to do was circle around the boss until Lucatiel killed him), because it's right next to the bonfire, making the process super-fast and because it's a pretty decent farm after doing it three times.

Why the Red Eye Ring?

The goal is to keep the NPC alive through this fight, so the Red Eye Ring makes enemies attack you instead, which all but guarantees the NPC survival.

I hope this helps :) Good luck!

User Info: fufiefu

fufiefu
7 years ago#2
Benhart is just fine for the Memory fight and Throne of Want as well. Lucatiel works well for Flexile as well, just let the sentry focus on you and let Lucatiel handle the mobs in NG+ and NG++. Smelter is #1 death cause for Lucatiel, but if you have 2 sunbros with SS + GLS the DPS will handle that w/o problem. (Redeye does not seem to work for Smelter so high DPS is the way to go)
PSN: fufie

User Info: MaxPainAlchmst

MaxPainAlchmst
7 years ago#3
not to be mean, but I think everyone knows that already. I got it Lucatiel's trophy easier in NG+ by using Bonfire ascetic 3 times on the Flexile sentry, she gave me her equipment next time I spoke to her the the Lost Bastille (you don't need to go to Aldia's keep). but thanks for your topic anyway.

User Info: dozingdevil

dozingdevil
7 years ago#4
Just patch the game, watch them tank. GG.

User Info: fufiefu

fufiefu
7 years ago#5
dozingdevil posted...

If it isn't pre-patch it doesn't count ;-)
PSN: fufie

User Info: dozingdevil

dozingdevil
7 years ago#6
fufiefu posted...
dozingdevil posted...

If it isn't pre-patch it doesn't count ;-)

In that case, if it isn't legit it doesn't count. (no ascetics for you!)

Still easy though.

User Info: gcanpbell13

gcanpbell13
7 years ago#7
For lucatiel, i just got her stuck in the room you summon her in, in no mans warf, so she couldnt join the fight.

User Info: Boney00

Boney00
7 years ago#8
I can't find her in Aldia's Keep? Where specifically is she there?
PSN, Steam and NNID: Bones00 3DS FC: 3136-6642-8964 Switch FC: 7578-7026-3017

User Info: Awasai

Awasai
7 years ago#9
Boney00 posted...

First bonfire in the cabin/hut outside the mansion. Don't talk to her there until you've done her three boss fights though, because she disappears forever.
What is a Mega Man?
A miserable little pile of mega secrets!-JCvgluvr

User Info: Boney00

Boney00
7 years ago#10
Awasai posted...
Boney00 posted...

First bonfire in the cabin/hut outside the mansion. Don't talk to her there until you've done her three boss fights though, because she disappears forever.

She's not there. Would I have missed her in another location?
PSN, Steam and NNID: Bones00 3DS FC: 3136-6642-8964 Switch FC: 7578-7026-3017
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. How to complete Benhart's and Lucatiel's quest lines
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A