• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. How do you get the Moonlight Greatsword?

User Info: stevens6464

stevens6464
7 years ago#1
I've been looking into it, and the only thing I can find is that you have to kill the NPC named Benhart in Majula for it. Is there another way to acquire it? If not, is it worth killing Benhart for it? As in, will I regret killing him due to later game affiliation? I am a sorcerer and heard it's an outstanding weapon to have for my class. Thanks.

User Info: Leventhan26

Leventhan26
7 years ago#2
No, that is the fake blue moonlight sword which is for str characters. The one you want is from killing ng+(or ascetic) freja(the spider boss) and trading the new soul to the bird creature that trades for boss souls.

Also that same soul trades for crystal soul spear which is a great sorcery so you might want to kill that boss again using another bonfire ascetic.

User Info: PHoToS999

PHoToS999
7 years ago#3
Benhart has the Blue Moon Greatsword. It's different, and I've heard it's a terrible weapon.
Silvy owns my pants...and my soul.

stevens6464
7 years ago#4
Ok, thanks for the info Leventan26.

User Info: aLINKinthechain

aLINKinthechain
7 years ago#5
Leventhan26 posted...
No, that is the fake blue moonlight sword which is for str characters. The one you want is from killing ng+(or ascetic) freja(the spider boss) and trading the new soul to the bird creature that trades for boss souls.

Does NG+ add any mechanics for her? Outside of her spiderlings, she's not very intimidating. I've been considering doing this for a while.

Also, do you know which weapon the Witches' Soul gives? (Sinner on NG+ or ascetic, for those who don't know)
PSN: FocusedFelix
The first man on the moon was Soma, and he got there by Yorick jumping.

stevens6464
7 years ago#6
I didn't know it was called the Blue Moon Greatsword, PhoToS999, thanks for clarifying.

User Info: Killface99

Killface99
7 years ago#7
aLINKinthechain posted...
Leventhan26 posted...

Does NG+ add any mechanics for her? Outside of her spiderlings, she's not very intimidating. I've been considering doing this for a while.

Also, do you know which weapon the Witches' Soul gives? (Sinner on NG+ or ascetic, for those who don't know)

She doesn't have any new mechanics or monsters with her, but she will probably one shot you unless you have really good armor on.
PSN: optophobe (I ignore blank friend requests.)

User Info: Prizil

Prizil
7 years ago#8
First attempt I tried with some random dudes that just got 1 shot instantly but got it second time with that npc summon. Even as a pure caster up till that point found staying close and just circle strafing made it easy enough.

User Info: Leventhan26

Leventhan26
7 years ago#9
Yeah no new mechanics, as a sorcerer you want the staff of wisdom and with 50 int, you can one shot the small spiders on ng+ with greater soul arrow and ng++ with great heavy soul arrow. This make the boss really easy, take out the small spiders with soul arrow, after that stay at mid range to bait the boss into doing her mouth laser and then run straight to the back face and put in a soul geyser for about 1400 damage, just don't be like me and miss your second soul geyser >.<

If you have been keeping up with pyromancy then put on great combustion because that does a lot of damage just don't get greedy and try to use two in a row or you might get stomped on.

Other than that soul spears come in handy for when the boss does her stomp thing with her two claws stay to the side for the first set and then move to the center to hit her head for the second as she will hit on the outside.

Overall not a tough fight.

stevens6464
7 years ago#10
Leventhan26 posted...
Yeah no new mechanics, as a sorcerer you want the staff of wisdom and with 50 int, you can one shot the small spiders on ng+ with greater soul arrow and ng++ with great heavy soul arrow. This make the boss really easy, take out the small spiders with soul arrow, after that stay at mid range to bait the boss into doing her mouth laser and then run straight to the back face and put in a soul geyser for about 1400 damage, just don't be like me and miss your second soul geyser >.<

If you have been keeping up with pyromancy then put on great combustion because that does a lot of damage just don't get greedy and try to use two in a row or you might get stomped on.

Other than that soul spears come in handy for when the boss does her stomp thing with her two claws stay to the side for the first set and then move to the center to hit her head for the second as she will hit on the outside.

Overall not a tough fight.

When and where/how can you get the Staff of Wisdom?
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. How do you get the Moonlight Greatsword?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A