• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. What does soft cap mean?

User Info: cheechmooster

cheechmooster
5 years ago#1
while i'm at it I might as well ask what it means when a weapon or armor "scales" with something. also what does "physical reduction" mean? it says "the percentage of physical damage reduced" , for example my sword says the physical reduction is 50.0, does that mean if I equip the sword I will take 50% less damage from an enemy? I don't think that sounds right, I think I have something mixed up. thanks ahead.

User Info: Adam314-

Adam314-
5 years ago#2
Soft cap is the point at which a stat starts giving you diminishing returns.

Weapon scaling means that the damage of the weapon increases as you increase the stat it scales with. So let's say you have a club. It has an A rank strength scale so if you increase your strength level, it'll make the club do even more damage.

Physical damage reduction works like this. Let's say you have 50% reduction. Of you block an attack you'll still take half the damage of the attack. If you have 25% you'll still take 75% of the damage of the attack, 100% no damage, ect.

User Info: cheechmooster

cheechmooster
5 years ago#3
Adam314- posted...
Soft cap is the point at which a stat starts giving you diminishing returns.

Weapon scaling means that the damage of the weapon increases as you increase the stat it scales with. So let's say you have a club. It has an A rank strength scale so if you increase your strength level, it'll make the club do even more damage.

Physical damage reduction works like this. Let's say you have 50% reduction. Of you block an attack you'll still take half the damage of the attack. If you have 25% you'll still take 75% of the damage of the attack, 100% no damage, ect.

thanks for the detailed info.

User Info: mahgah91

mahgah91
5 years ago#4
I feel like you're not old enough for the "M" rating.
3DS FC: 1822-0233-2390

User Info: tacticalbread

tacticalbread
5 years ago#5
mahgah91 posted...

Dark Souls II is rated T.
Stupid, frail, non-compartmentalized organic meatbags!

User Info: rudis21

rudis21
5 years ago#6
mahgah91 posted...

I feel like your a dick, just for the sake of being a dick. An M rating has zero to do with needing an understanding of what a soft cap is. Someone asks a question on general mechanics for the needs of understanding something. And instead of helping you but in with that? Feel good about that dig?

User Info: Xuande12

Xuande12
5 years ago#7
When do stats start soft capping?
Stop complaining about your massive backlog and just administer an enema already.

User Info: mahgah91

mahgah91
5 years ago#8
Xuande12 posted...

It's different for stats. VIT, END, VIG cap at 20, STR and DEX cap at 40 and ADP caps at 38 (or something). Not sure about the other stats.
3DS FC: 1822-0233-2390

User Info: Xuande12

Xuande12
5 years ago#9
mahgah91 posted...
Xuande12 posted...

It's different for stats. VIT, END, VIG cap at 20, STR and DEX cap at 40 and ADP caps at 38 (or something). Not sure about the other stats.

Good to know because the last game I screwed it up I think..
Stop complaining about your massive backlog and just administer an enema already.

User Info: kabasa

kabasa
5 years ago#10
You cant really screw up unless youre doing a pvp build.
Eddie: Ill be back soon covered in Metal God love.
Ozzy: Oh god...
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. What does soft cap mean?
  • Topic Archived