• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: chippy_chan

chippy_chan
7 years ago#11
I agree it's dumb to sell DLC that's only available with an internet connection. 'DLC' means 'DOWNLOADABLE Content' and not 'Accessible-Only-When-Online Content', right?

I installed the free DLC when it was released and noticed when I stopped connection to PSN it said it would not be accessible. I thought that was weird, but whatever, I didn't pay for it or really care about it. But if I had spent money on those things I probably would have been annoyed.

However, it DOES specify "This product can only be accessed with an online connection", so buyer beware.

But truth be told, when I first read that disclaimer, I thought it meant that you needed to connect to the store to download the DLC and to do so you would obviously need an internet connection. I didn't think it meant you needed to play the game connected to the internet to be able to actually use it after downloading.
3DS FC: 3797-5716-6993 (please PM me with your FC if you add me)
Grass Safari = Petilil, Gogoat & Sunkern

User Info: Semi45a

Semi45a
7 years ago#12
Wait that is really dumb. They expect people to have a wifi connection or 3G on the go? What a rip off.
I pledge allegiance to no company or console.
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia

User Info: Ryosagi

Ryosagi
7 years ago#13
I just don't understand the need for it to be online connected like that. Like its a form or DRM or something.
I like to use exclamation points!! My favorite punctuation and it just shows emotion!!

User Info: sticu

sticu
7 years ago#14
ripdilladog posted...
DaTreasureChest posted...
ripdilladog posted...
Well, there is a warning in text with each item sold, so you were warned,,, read the fine print next time.

I guess you are one of the people that just doesn't get it. -added to ignore list-

Uh, ok! You, as a consumer, bought something that was clearly labeled and were disappointed because,,, you didn´t read the label?

Someone seems grumpy. I get exactly what you're saying, and as someone with many years of retail experience I can honestly say that you sir, are less bright then my burnt out christmas lights that need replacing.

happy holiday! This is a cool little game btw

I had 20% chance of buying this game.

After reading OP, it reduced to 5%.

After reading this quote, it reduced to 0%. good game.

User Info: Alias_Nemesis

Alias_Nemesis
7 years ago#15
Ryosagi posted...
I just don't understand the need for it to be online connected like that. Like its a form or DRM or something.

Baka DRM
PSN:Gilthas_Grear - http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mab700j6AC1rww746o1_500.jpg
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18cj2deav6gb4gif/ku-xlarge.gif

User Info: MINION9009

MINION9009
7 years ago#16
Eh this isn't about getting tricked and regretting the purchase, This is about a few purchases lost due to stupid DRM instead of a download and install.

I don't play my PORTABLE device everywhere there is wi-fi, and the XBONE scenario - When the servers go away on this tiny little niche JRPG, so does the DLC you paid for.-

Most people would see cosmetic content for their single player game not worth it under those conditions.
MINION9000 : GT AND PSN
3DS FC 4682 8629 6240

User Info: tmtyf

tmtyf
7 years ago#17
I don't mind having to connect as almost all places have WiFi now. Next time read what you buy
"You are just a puppet... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain..." -Sephiroth

User Info: ssringo

ssringo
7 years ago#18
I was slightly irritated but the amount of DLC they have up already. I was slightly irritated at the lack of pictures to show what the hell you were buying. I'm slightly irritated by need to check if I bought the stuff.

Ah well. At least the base game is fun.

User Info: RadiantViper

RadiantViper
7 years ago#19
tmtyf posted...
I don't mind having to jump through hoops for no discernible reason to use content I paid for. Next time read what you buy
Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 Collectibles Guide:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/960495-lego-harry-potter-years-1-4/faqs/60378

User Info: Omega_Zero_XP

Omega_Zero_XP
7 years ago#20
sticu posted...
ripdilladog posted...
DaTreasureChest posted...
ripdilladog posted...
Well, there is a warning in text with each item sold, so you were warned,,, read the fine print next time.

I guess you are one of the people that just doesn't get it. -added to ignore list-

Uh, ok! You, as a consumer, bought something that was clearly labeled and were disappointed because,,, you didn´t read the label?

Someone seems grumpy. I get exactly what you're saying, and as someone with many years of retail experience I can honestly say that you sir, are less bright then my burnt out christmas lights that need replacing.

happy holiday! This is a cool little game btw

I had 20% chance of buying this game.

After reading OP, it reduced to 5%.

After reading this quote, it reduced to 0%. good game.

*was interested in the game
*hears OPTIONAL content, regardless of its stupidity, isn't what he'd like
*interest drops due to OPTIONAL dlc that doesn't affect the game much
*interest further drops due to a stranger on the internets

Question, what do you play games for?
"This question again..." - rascal45
"Pssst... don't tell anyone, but this website is called GameFREQUENTLYASKEDQUESTIONS." - regularsharp
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A