• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: DaTreasureChest

DaTreasureChest
5 years ago#1
Every time you start the game you have to connect to the internet to use the DLC. I don't mind buying some DLC outfits to support the dev, but when I don't have access to the internet I don't have the DLC is bullcrap. Please do not support this!
New PSN: MagitekDreamz
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2llddYhZe1qj9e4io1_500.jpg

User Info: RadiantViper

RadiantViper
5 years ago#2
Wow, thanks for the warning. That's stupid regardless, but it's not like it's on a home console where you're online 99% of the time ... It's a handheld, if you take it with you somewhere there's a good chance you won't be online.
Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 Collectibles Guide:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/960495-lego-harry-potter-years-1-4/faqs/60378

DaTreasureChest
5 years ago#3
I was just baffled by this when it happened. I was very angry when it happened.

User Info: ripdilladog

ripdilladog
5 years ago#4
Well, there is a warning in text with each item sold, so you were warned,,, read the fine print next time.

DaTreasureChest
5 years ago#5
ripdilladog posted...
Well, there is a warning in text with each item sold, so you were warned,,, read the fine print next time.

I guess you are one of the people that just doesn't get it. -added to ignore list-

ripdilladog
5 years ago#6
DaTreasureChest posted...
ripdilladog posted...

I guess you are one of the people that just doesn't get it. -added to ignore list-

Uh, ok! You, as a consumer, bought something that was clearly labeled and were disappointed because,,, you didn´t read the label?

Someone seems grumpy. I get exactly what you're saying, and as someone with many years of retail experience I can honestly say that you sir, are less bright then my burnt out christmas lights that need replacing.

happy holiday! This is a cool little game btw

RadiantViper
5 years ago#7
ripdilladog posted...
DaTreasureChest posted...
ripdilladog posted...

Uh, ok! You, as a consumer, bought something that was clearly labeled and were disappointed because,,, you didn´t read the label?

Someone seems grumpy. I get exactly what you're saying, and as someone with many years of retail experience I can honestly say that you sir, are less bright then my burnt out christmas lights that need replacing.

happy holiday! This is a cool little game btw

Don't be an ass. This is a ridiculous policy, a warning is well deserved whether it's labelled or not. It's not a standard practice at all so it's not exactly expected. And I guarantee you've skipped over a label at least once in your life.

User Info: HaZZaRdbOy

HaZZaRdbOy
5 years ago#8
Could we bring this up to Aksys and ask them about it? In their own forums maybe. It really is a ridiculous policy for a handheld game. It's not like you'll be home all the time and have access to the internet.

ripdilladog
5 years ago#9
I agree with you completely, and I agree that tp has reason to be upset. 110% bullcrap dlc that shouldn't be allowed, but in the end someone at sony decides to validate the sale of this product, and I'm certain there was a meeting about the way that said dlc should be described on psn.

it clearly says that said item is only available while playing online. Why would anyone buy such a thing? Well, know we know why. Because people don't read the label.

And yeah, I've skipped countless labels in my life I'm sure, but there is no excuse for being a lazy consumer these days, especially when so much product infomation is at our proverbil fingertips at all times.

It's like buying an apple, when there is all types of evidence pointing to the fact that it will rot over time, and then getting upset when it rots month later and complaining about it on Ihateapples.org message boards.

Anyway, didn't mean to offend anyone, to quote the GZA "You gotta read the labels".

RadiantViper
5 years ago#10
ripdilladog posted...
I agree with you completely, and I agree that tp has reason to be upset. 110% bullcrap dlc that shouldn't be allowed, but in the end someone at sony decides to validate the sale of this product, and I'm certain there was a meeting about the way that said dlc should be described on psn.

it clearly says that said item is only available while playing online. Why would anyone buy such a thing? Well, know we know why. Because people don't read the label.

And yeah, I've skipped countless labels in my life I'm sure, but there is no excuse for being a lazy consumer these days, especially when so much product infomation is at our proverbil fingertips at all times.

It's like buying an apple, when there is all types of evidence pointing to the fact that it will rot over time, and then getting upset when it rots month later and complaining about it on Ihateapples.org message boards.

Anyway, didn't mean to offend anyone, to quote the GZA "You gotta read the labels".

Your analogy would only make sense if virtually every other type of apple never rotted. I can think of a very small number of similar cases as this but most DLC works fine offline. Yes TC made a mistake but it's uncalled for to say he's lazy, it could happen to anyone, even you. So chastizing because he's trying to save others from making the same mistake is pretty rude and doesn't really add anything. Especially since TC learned the lesson firsthand, he doesn't need you repeating the obvious.
  • Topic Archived