• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
  3. New Area - MASSIVE SPOILERS FOR AFTERBIRTH PLUS!

User Info: matty397

matty397
2 years ago#1
NO MARKED SPOILERS.

OK, so I assume people here either know the ending or don't care for the spoilers. Let's begin.

First off, to access it, you need to beat Hush either as Apollyon or with the Void item - I'm not sure which. This unlocks a door in the back of Hush's room, which leads to the new final area: the Void.

The Void is a combination of the original four areas: Basement, Caves, Depths, and Womb. Each room is from one of those areas. There are a whopping eight boss rooms. Seven pit you against a boss from the rest of the game.

Then there's the eighth.

If you couldn't tell, this leads to the new final boss: Delirium. Delirium starts in his true form, then starts switching to other boss forms, each playing like the original boss but with a twist. He has a ton of HP, and probably has some sort of damage scaling.

The ending is, as usual, a bit vague, so I won't comment on it. I'm not one for interpretations, anyway.

User Info: xpiritflare

xpiritflare
2 years ago#2
I accessed the Void as Isaac without seeing that new item so the requirements you listed definitely aren't correct. Also, my entrance to that new area appeared after the Isaac fight in the Cathedral as a swirling portal beside the chest that leads to The Chest.
Yeah. "I'm going to turn back time an hour. It'll take about an hour." - AnnaBananaa

User Info: LOOOPS

LOOOPS
2 years ago#3
I defeated Hush as Apollyon but that new area didn't show up. I unlocked it I mean but the door wasn't there.

xpiritflare posted...
I accessed the Void as Isaac without seeing that new item so the requirements you listed definitely aren't correct. Also, my entrance to that new area appeared after the Isaac fight in the Cathedral as a swirling portal beside the chest that leads to The Chest.

After killing Hush I went on to defeat Isaac and only the chest showed up...

It's possible that the door showed up after Hush but I didn't notice it. I think I would have seen it though.
I'm looking for Animal Crossing Friends, just got the game. PM me!
FC: 1864-9707-5038

User Info: xpiritflare

xpiritflare
2 years ago#4
Seems like it's a guaranteed chance after Hush and a random chance after certain bosses.
Yeah. "I'm going to turn back time an hour. It'll take about an hour." - AnnaBananaa

User Info: LOOOPS

LOOOPS
2 years ago#5
xpiritflare posted...
Seems like it's a guaranteed chance after Hush and a random chance after certain bosses.

Yeah, I always get access to the void after Hush. I have gotten the void at least once after killing It Lives.
I'm looking for Animal Crossing Friends, just got the game. PM me!
FC: 1864-9707-5038

User Info: pookiejin

pookiejin
2 years ago#6
LOOOPS posted...
I defeated Hush as Apollyon but that new area didn't show up. I unlocked it I mean but the door wasn't there.

xpiritflare posted...

After killing Hush I went on to defeat Isaac and only the chest showed up...

It's possible that the door showed up after Hush but I didn't notice it. I think I would have seen it though.

the door is glitched and sometimes doesnt appear when you beat hush. it is normally on the upper righthand side of the wall. sometimes you have to leave the hush room and re-enter it for the new path to appear.
Also after you complete the Void once, all floors after mom fight - womb I and II and the cathedral/Shoal and Chest/Dark Room - all have a small chance to open the Void portal.
  1. Boards
  2. The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
  3. New Area - MASSIVE SPOILERS FOR AFTERBIRTH PLUS!
  • Topic Archived