• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: swagger_naut

swagger_naut
6 years ago#1
Sup, I'm about to bite on the digital copy since I have points to burn, so I'm just wondering if there are problems with that? I read theres some issues with the disc version too but are these issues the same on digital? TIA.

User Info: ZenzokukenX

ZenzokukenX
6 years ago#2
I have the digital on PSN and it stutters and slightly freezes sometimes. It's really nothing bad at all and it doesn't take away from the game. I heard it's the same on Xbox. The retail version I have heard has more bugs.
PC, Xbizzle, PS3
PSP Go & 3000

User Info: wugeezy

wugeezy
6 years ago#3
I keep hearing that supposedly the disc version does not let you continue past episode 1.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

User Info: Quorthon109

Quorthon109
6 years ago#4
wugeezy posted...
I keep hearing that supposedly the disc version does not let you continue past episode 1.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I just started episode 3 on the disc version, works fine for me. There's occasional lag when a cutscene is about to start but other than that it's fine. I'm still bummed that I can't install it to the hard drive, though.
http://i.imgur.com/Kjo08.jpg

wugeezy
6 years ago#5
Did you experience any lag or stutters during quick time events? Some people were saying they couldn't hit the buttons fast enough because it they would fail the event before they got the chance to try. Thanks for the feedback!

User Info: Quorthon109

Quorthon109
6 years ago#6
wugeezy posted...
Did you experience any lag or stutters during quick time events? Some people were saying they couldn't hit the buttons fast enough because it they would fail the event before they got the chance to try. Thanks for the feedback!

I only recall that happening once but I'm not sure if it was lag or if I just wasn't targeting fast enough (it was a pretty hectic scene). Either way, I tried it a second time and had no problem. That said, as much as I prefer physically owning my games, I think I might've made a mistake buying the retail version in this case since I can't install it and it seems to run the same as the digital version (with people having the same problems in both versions as well). Just my opinion, though.
http://i.imgur.com/Kjo08.jpg

wugeezy
6 years ago#7
Sounds like many people who were having trouble with it didn't install the title update that pops up when you play the game connected to live. Maybe that's what caused the issues. Yeah I wanted to buy it on disc myself since I hate digital copies of anything. I just couldn't wait and downloaded them.

I bought two disc copies though as gifts which is why I was worried about the disc issues.

Thanks again!

User Info: simmias

simmias
6 years ago#8
FYI, the digital versions are all going to be on sale on the Marketplace on Dec. 28, with Episode 1 given away free between Dec. 25-31.
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign: that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." - Jonathan Swift

User Info: phillyfan2351

phillyfan2351
6 years ago#9
I installed the update and my 360 retail disc is bugged to all hell. Everything lags and I die before I even have a chance to input a command. Still in chapter 4 of episode 1 because I can't get past a certain action.

I was going to complain on the telltale forums but even those are down. This is not the way I expected to experience this game...
Now playing: KH:BBS FM (100%), Final Fantasy VII, Bioshock 2

User Info: masterarbiter44

masterarbiter44
6 years ago#10
phillyfan2351 posted...
I installed the update and my 360 retail disc is bugged to all hell. Everything lags and I die before I even have a chance to input a command. Still in chapter 4 of episode 1 because I can't get past a certain action.

I was going to complain on the telltale forums but even those are down. This is not the way I expected to experience this game...

I still don't know what people are talking about. I played all the way through on PS3 and retail on Xbox. There is no difference between them. They play the same way.
It's about the games, not about the hardware
  • Topic Archived