• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Question about Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass
cheatermaster 1 month ago#1
Kind of real behind on news. But unless I made a mistake, apparently the Game Pass is replacing Xbox Live, mostly due to the Xbox Series X. Well, in a matter of speaking, is Xbox Game Pass more or less the same as Xbox Live and if it is, do I have to upgrade to Xbox Game Pass from now on? One of the reason I ask; because my Xbox Live subscription will end in February and I was gonna buy one of those 12 months. To my surprise the only ones I see is the one month, or three months, but no 12 months subscription. I think I heard I was told once that I gotta buy the Game Pass 12 months. So does this mean Xbox Live is going to be killed and be replaced by the Game Pass, or do they both work the same way? I mean does the Xbox 360 also have the Game Pass too?
HENTAIDOJI 1 month ago#2
  • Gamepass is a subscription rental service, like Netflix. You pay to rent a selection of 400 games, including all of Microsofts releases day one.
  • Xbox Live Gold is a fee to play online, whilst also throwing 50 games at you a year with the games with gold program
  • Gamepass Ultimate is Gamepass +Xbox Live Gold for about the same money, plus you get streaming, EA access and Gamepass for PC bundled in.
One hot rumor,is that once Gamepass has a large enough install base Microsoft will do away with Xbox Live Gold and online play will just be free on Xbox

The hot thing to do right now is purchase 3 years of Xbox live gold (RRP $180) convert to Gamepass Ultimate for one Dollar ($1) for a value of $540
HOMIE_202 - "Gamepass doesn't count"
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Question about Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A