• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox Wireless Headset - How's the quality?

User Info: Game__Raider

Game__Raider
1 month ago#1
So, I've been looking for this to be in stock for quite some time. And it finally is at Target.

My Turtle Beach Stealth Series that I bought about a year ago has been okay, but I have trouble with intermittent audio issues and audio skipping somewhat frequently. Anyone have thoughts on this headset?

Part of me doesn't want to spend $100 on yet another headset, but the audio skipping is pretty annoying and immersion breaking in games like RE Village when you're creeping through the castle and then you're audio cuts out for 1-2 seconds every few minutes.

User Info: FireDrakeZ

FireDrakeZ
1 month ago#2
I am still waiting for it to be available at the Microsoft store so I can use my MS credit on it.
Toshiba 4K HDR 43" | i7 4770 | 16GB DDR3 Crucial Sport | Zotac GTX 1080 Mini 8GB | Noctua NF-A9 Cooling | 500 watt 80+ Gold PSU
Xbox One X | Xbox 360 S

User Info: Game__Raider

Game__Raider
1 month ago#3
FireDrakeZ posted...
I am still waiting for it to be available at the Microsoft store so I can use my MS credit on it.

Well, it turns out I'll be waiting a bit longer. It's listed as "available" on Target until you put it in your cart and the it says "item not available" so it's a glitch. At least, for me that's what happened.

Still, I'm interested to hear opinions of the select few that do have it. I like my Turtle Beaches, and I feel like I purchase headphones too frequently, but even with the firmware updated I get frequent audio skipping. It seems like a minor issue, but when you're in a game and then the audio just cuts out or gets all distorted for 2-3 seconds it really breaks the immersion. This seems to be an issue with most 3rd party headsets I have ever tried. I don't get this issue at all with my Pulse 3D headset.

User Info: JohnEtrav

JohnEtrav
1 month ago#4
I think they're pretty damn decent for the price
Let's get down to brass tacks. How much for the ape?

User Info: Vampyre_Ghost

Vampyre_Ghost
1 month ago#5
I just decided to pick up a pair or wired Astro A10s.

I have a very old pair of Astro A50s that are starting to have issues, and also need me to buy more hardware to be able to work with my Series X cause optical. I'm using my TVs optical for my sound bar so... I'd either need a splitter/switch or HDMI audio stripper to use them.

The A10s sound a tad more hollow than the A50s but overall, pretty damn good for 60 bucks. Dolby Atmos enabled and pretty good bass.

I'm pretty happy with them, and that is a 60$ headset replacing a 300$ wireless headset.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: maxAGI

maxAGI
4 weeks ago#6
I like being able to listen for phone calls and music on my phone while playing Xbox through the headset. I haven't been able to do that since my last pair of turtle beaches. The bass is good but, not great. You get what you pay for. If you want a better headset, be prepared to pay more with probably less features.
GT YoungOjiisan Steam YoungOjiisan
FC: SW-5363-0177-5035

User Info: TrickyPony

TrickyPony
4 weeks ago#7
It was a little tough for me to justify buying them. I was using a $99 pair of HyperX Cloud Alpha wired headset that was in perfect condition and I had no issues with, I just wanted to upgrade to a wireless set. I was headed for the Steel Series 9X right when these dropped. I'm perfectly happy with them except for now having yet another item to charge up, but such is the price to pay when moving to wireless. They sound great and I like the freedom of getting up and moving around without bringing my controller with me or needing to take the phones off before I do. I also like taking phone calls or playing a game on my phone and having the audio immediately switch over.
This topic is taking the word s*** bucket to a whole 'nother level!!!!
-Sasquatch8080

User Info: VoiceOfTheSoul

VoiceOfTheSoul
4 weeks ago#8
I’ve had zero issues using them on my Xbox. The audio has dropped out on them twice on my pc when I first got them but not since. And for some reason I haven’t been able to get discord on my pc to recognize the microphone, but it works fine on the discord app on my phone.

I'm overall satisfied with my purchase.
http://www.last.fm/user/voiceofthesoul0
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Broodingpage7

Broodingpage7
2 weeks ago#9
Do any of you guys know if this works with the original Xbox one?
It ain't legal hunting alligators down in the swamp, boy.

User Info: FireDrakeZ

FireDrakeZ
2 weeks ago#10
Broodingpage7 posted...
Do any of you guys know if this works with the original Xbox one?

Yes it is supposed to since both Xbox Series and Xbox One consoles uses the same Xbox Wireless protocol that you use on controllers and headsets.
Toshiba 4K HDR 43" | i7 4770 | 16GB DDR3 Crucial Sport | Zotac GTX 1080 Mini 8GB | Noctua NF-A9 Cooling | 500 watt 80+ Gold PSU
Xbox One X | Xbox 360 S
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox Wireless Headset - How's the quality?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A