• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. 3 issues with game recording.

User Info: scvmlord

scvmlord
4 weeks ago#1
1. Sometimes my when I choose to record 2 minutes of gameplay, it only records 2-5 seconds. It does this no matter how many times I retry it, until I reset the console. Sometimes it works correctly.

2. I cannot trim any videos, it crashes when saving the new version.

3. Is there any way to make the Xbox stop auto deleting videos I have that are older than 30 days?

I called support and as expected they were pretty much useless. They told me to factory reset but i don’t want to lose all my saves/videos I’ve recorded, etc.

Any suggestions? And do these problems happen to anyone else or just me?

User Info: Bumbleoni

Bumbleoni
4 weeks ago#2
scvmlord posted...
1. Sometimes my when I choose to record 2 minutes of gameplay, it only records 2-5 seconds. It does this no matter how many times I retry it, until I reset the console. Sometimes it works correctly.

This happens to me a lot as well. I don't know of any fix as of yet

scvmlord posted...
3. Is there any way to make the Xbox stop auto deleting videos I have that are older than 30 days?

I think it only auto deletes captures you haven't watched. If you record a clip and then upload it to say PC or Youtube without watching it on console then it deletes after awhile. I'm not 100% sure about this though, this is just what I've heard from other users, and I haven't had any issues editing clips

GT: Bumbleoni
My game clips: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb-f5ZTEaM6bJueyKI9zSNg

User Info: Red Orc

Red Orc
4 weeks ago#3
I have this issue as well. The trimming sometimes works.
Difference is, I am trimming 30 second clips down to 15.
No one in the community feed wants to watch a 2 minute clip, good that you want to trim it, but may I suggest switching to 30 sec clips.

User Info: icecutter17

icecutter17
3 weeks ago#4
Upload and trim videos on your PC.

These are non-issues to me.

By far the BIGGEST issue is the feature being completely disabled if you are logged off xbox live/internet for whatever reason.

Also, it would be nice if you could use it on other apps, not just games, like YouTube streams or something.
Even angels cast shadows

User Info: Kingspade1212

Kingspade1212
3 weeks ago#5
I can't seem to upload any clips to live. I had to do 4k HDR to get my warzone clips to work but they refuse to upload

icecutter17
3 weeks ago#6
Kingspade1212 posted...
I can't seem to upload any clips to live. I had to do 4k HDR to get my warzone clips to work but they refuse to upload
Upload them to your email onedrive instead.

It used to be the other way round the onedrive upload was funky so you had to up it to live.
Even angels cast shadows

scvmlord
3 weeks ago#7
icecutter17 posted...
Upload and trim videos on your PC.

These are non-issues to me.

By far the BIGGEST issue is the feature being completely disabled if you are logged off xbox live/internet for whatever reason.

Also, it would be nice if you could use it on other apps, not just games, like YouTube streams or something.

Apparently you’re confused, this topic is for issues I’m having. It’s still an issue for me whether you think it’s valid or not. I shouldn’t have to upload to YouTube and all this nonsense. The console could just work correctly.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

scvmlord
3 weeks ago#8
Bumbleoni posted...
This happens to me a lot as well. I don't know of any fix as of yet

I think it only auto deletes captures you haven't watched. If you record a clip and then upload it to say PC or Youtube without watching it on console then it deletes after awhile. I'm not 100% sure about this though, this is just what I've heard from other users, and I haven't had any issues editing clips

nah it does it to the clips I’ve watched, it’s around 30 days and then auto deletes it. Thanks for the response though. At least I know it doesn’t work for everyone. Add it to the list of s*** that doesn’t work properly on this platform.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Bumbleoni

Bumbleoni
3 weeks ago#9
scvmlord posted...
nah it does it to the clips I’ve watched, it’s around 30 days and then auto deletes it.

That's weird. I still have a clip from around 2 years ago, I don't think any of my clips have been auto deleted. Just today I went through and deleted some old stuff because my storage was getting full
GT: Bumbleoni
My game clips: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb-f5ZTEaM6bJueyKI9zSNg

icecutter17
3 weeks ago#10
scvmlord posted...
Apparently you’re confused, this topic is for issues I’m having. It’s still an issue for me whether you think it’s valid or not. I shouldn’t have to upload to YouTube and all this nonsense. The console could just work correctly.
You don't need to upload it to YouTube you upload it to onedrive
Even angels cast shadows
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. 3 issues with game recording.
  • Topic Closed

GameFAQs Q&A