• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox Live sounds better than Xbox Network. Do you agree?

User Info: DvoloS88

DvoloS88
1 month ago#11
I like skynet
"Let The Boy Watch"

User Info: JGA1980

JGA1980
1 month ago#12
Jetblackmoon posted...
Seems kinda silly when Xbox Live is so well known, and your two major competitors have ecosystems called Playstation Network and Nintendo Network.

Doesn't really change anything in reality, but just feels unnecessary.

I think it will help to eliminate the unnecessary confusion about the difference between Xbox Live Gold, Xbox Live Silver, and connecting your Xbox to the network and having basic internet functionality and features.

I've lost count of the number of times I've seen people on this site who thought you needed to pay $60 a year just to be able to connect your Xbox to the internet to buy and download games from the digital store or download game updates etc.

User Info: xKryptonKnightx

xKryptonKnightx
1 month ago#13
Its one of those decisions that makes me ask "why?", right along with how they name their consoles. They could have at least picked a cooler name.
Proper Preparation & Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
GT: Marvel Knight

User Info: The-Apostle

The-Apostle
1 month ago#14
XBN, though I like XLN better.
http://goo.gl/mnO36O
#GoPackGo Not changing sig until NHL players are allowed to play in the Olympics. Started 2/22/2018

User Info: Dark_SilverX

Dark_SilverX
1 month ago#15
Nah. Xbox Network sounds like they are joining the bandwagon. That is a good thing because that means they will fall in line and not be canceled.
Cancelation makes my nipples hard.
don't compare games to feces -- if you've an opinion worth mentioning, do so civilly

User Info: Jetblackmoon

Jetblackmoon
1 month ago#16
JGA1980 posted...
I think it will help to eliminate the unnecessary confusion about the difference between Xbox Live Gold, Xbox Live Silver, and connecting your Xbox to the network and having basic internet functionality and features.
I don't think so. If eliminating unnecessary confusion was a priority for them, they would have picked better names for their consoles.

Ask any non-gamer what the difference between Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X, Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X is. I feel like even some non-gamers could tell you what XBL stands for, even if they may not know or understand the full extent of what it is or does.
Shall we gather for whiskey and cigars tonight?

User Info: Solis

Solis
1 month ago#17
JGA1980 posted...

I've lost count of the number of times I've seen people on this site who thought you needed to pay $60 a year just to be able to connect your Xbox to the internet to buy and download games from the digital store or download game updates etc.
If anything this seems to make things worse. Now it will be advertised that the "Xbox Network" costs $60 a year, which makes it sound a hell of a lot more like you'd need to pay that just to connect your console to a network. Xbox Live and Live Gold makes the subscription service sound much more distinct from simply connecting your console to the internet. Not to mention changing the name after two decades seems like it's going to confuse people that don't know the name is changing and aren't able to find any Xbox Live cards in stores. Like those that aren't aware that Parmount Plus is the new CBS All Access.
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review

User Info: AlphaOmega786

AlphaOmega786
1 month ago#18
Xbox Live does sound way better. But Xbox Network fits in better with the direction that MS are heading in. So, the name change is quite logical.

User Info: IChangedMyName

IChangedMyName
1 month ago#19
JGA1980 posted...

I never saw it that way. That makes a lot of sense with them eliminating the pay wall for party chat and f2p games.

Well I still don't like the change but am unaffected by it.
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox Live sounds better than Xbox Network. Do you agree?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A