• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Very quick U-turn!

User Info: Joy_A

Joy_A
1 month ago#1
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/01/22/update-on-xbox-live-gold-pricing/

Guess that price hike didnt last lol!!!
NZXT H440 Case, i5 8600k @ 5GHz, MSI MPG Gaming Pro Z390, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz & ASUS GTX 1080ti Turbo

User Info: K_ROC

K_ROC
1 month ago#2
Good job on them. It was a bad look really. Reverting and listening to your consumers gives me hope for the future.
GT: TheBootyTrain

User Info: PrintersChamp

PrintersChamp
1 month ago#3
I'm very happy they reversed it. I've had game pass for 2 years and barley use it. So I was fine with just having gold again. This price hike caught me off guard. I just secured a series x and immediately regretted that decision upon hearing the price hike. I also told my two teens if they got their grades up I would pay for a year of xbl for each of them. This would have been very pricey for me.
Xbl/psn printerschamp
3ds fc. 0001 3671 8122

User Info: Booyang

Booyang
1 month ago#4
Why praise them for reversing it ? It was a dirty move to even begin with.I for one wont forget, or forgive they even came up with the idea.

User Info: Minamo

Minamo
1 month ago#5
Never forget they tried to screw you.

User Info: VyceBrand

VyceBrand
1 month ago#6
Its just not justified. What is the difference in service from say the 360 days to now to jack the price on gold? The GPU conversion. People too advantage of it and they feel they have to make up money lost. What happens is most leave gold and dont move to GPU. Just cancel the GPU conversion and leave it alone

User Info: GTAcrazy

GTAcrazy
1 month ago#7
It was all planned. They used the uproar to announce that free to play games will no longer require gold.
GamerTag: Major Sousa

User Info: VyceBrand

VyceBrand
1 month ago#8
Why not just come out and say it. It's not like people don't watch what MS is doing.

User Info: TheBest69

TheBest69
1 month ago#9
K_ROC posted...
Good job on them. It was a bad look really.
Them even attempting that is already a bad look. In my books it is. The fact that this made it to the public and Microsoft thought "Hey, the customers will love it" tells me enough about current Microsoft. I have my doubts that Microsoft learned its lesson from the last gen annihilation. This was another text book example.

User Info: GTAcrazy

GTAcrazy
1 month ago#10
TheBest69 posted...
Them even attempting that is already a bad look. In my books it is. The fact that this made it to the public and Microsoft thought "Hey, the customers will love it" tells me enough about current Microsoft. I have my doubts that Microsoft learned its lesson from the last gen annihilation. This was another text book example.
You got played and don't even know
GamerTag: Major Sousa
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Very quick U-turn!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A