• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Just got an XB1

User Info: Hypnophobia

Hypnophobia
1 month ago#1
Voice chat through the headset attached to my controller. Video game sounds from the TV. How do I do this?

Currently both are coming through both.

User Info: Jogurt13

Jogurt13
1 month ago#2
Doesn’t your mic have volume options for both on the headset? Simply just mute the game sounds on your headset.
Mario Maker 2 ID: 4GB-L32-7WF

User Info: BahamutBBob

BahamutBBob
1 month ago#3
^If it's the default Microsoft headset, no. That one only has controls for voice.

What kind of headset are you using, TC? Telling us that would help out.

Hypnophobia
1 month ago#4
Don't know the exact make but it does have a volume button, just for all sounds. I can't manually adjust voice chat and game chat on my headset.

Is it really not possible in the Xbox settings? Surely it's not this difficult to fix?

User Info: Vampyre_Ghost

Vampyre_Ghost
1 month ago#5
Hypnophobia posted...
Don't know the exact make but it does have a volume button, just for all sounds. I can't manually adjust voice chat and game chat on my headset.

Is it really not possible in the Xbox settings? Surely it's not this difficult to fix?

It is in the audio settings. You want "Voice Chat" Mic only. Game TV only. When you bring up the center button menu, bottom right corner of that menu is audio, adjust headset chat mixer towards the person icon. That will mute game volume.

Now go settings. General. Volume and audio output. Change party chat output to headset.

It isn't difficult to fix. Not sure why going to audio settings wasn't your first idea. It is pretty clear

You could have also googled how to do this and it would have said exactly how without you having to wait a day or 3 for someone to reply....

If you are about to post a topic that can be started by asking "how do I". Google it first. 2021 and that isn't people's first instinct. Don't get it.

Hypnophobia
1 month ago#6
f*** off

User Info: Hikari_UK

Hikari_UK
1 month ago#7
Lol
Handheld & Retro

User Info: SilverUberXeno

SilverUberXeno
4 weeks ago#8
Hypnophobia posted...
f*** off

So you were given a fish, AND taught how to fish, and this is your response?

Teenagers today...

User Info: Sega9599

Sega9599
4 weeks ago#9
SilverUberXeno posted...

Teenagers today...

He responded harshly, but just saying "Google it" is rude also.
Needed: New Pokemon Puzzle League, Shining Force and Left 4 Dead....

Hypnophobia
4 weeks ago#10
SilverUberXeno posted...

Teenagers today...
vampyre was a complete prick about it. obviously i had googled the issue otherwise i wouldn't have asked. it's not intuitive to have a whole settings menu for audio and then also to hide other audio settings within some other menu in the guide. it's stupid.

could have done without the patronising
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Just got an XB1
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A