• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Will Xbox Live Games With Gold stay on your Xbox long after you leave Xbox Live?

User Info: HakuMan111386

HakuMan111386
4 months ago#1
Is it like the PS?

User Info: xmagxus

xmagxus
4 months ago#2
Xbox live games with gold you claimed before i wanna say the year 2014 (i might be wrong on the year) but some of the older xbox gold game we all own forever.

However all games with gold you claim after I think that 2014 period stays on your account but you can only play them while you have an active gold subscription. You wont lose them if you let your sub end you just wont be able to play them.
Gamertag: Jcnet
Everquest: Falore. 85 mage -Fennin Ro server

User Info: jediknight52501

jediknight52501
3 months ago#3
Glad to know that.
This Is The Way. XBL-GamingWizardC75, PSN-Creepy_Crandall

User Info: AnonymousFriend

AnonymousFriend
3 months ago#4
If you no longer have a license to play any game that's downloaded, it will stay installed. But when you attempt to boot them, it will let you know you no longer have a license to play them. You can sub to a service or buy them outright.
Nothing is over-rated. Your opinion is just outnumbered.
PSN ID/Gamertag - AnonymousFriend

User Info: Mellerker47

Mellerker47
3 months ago#5
How do I buy licence to an retail game on the xbox one do I need to rebuy them make them digital version of these games?

User Info: AnonymousFriend

AnonymousFriend
3 months ago#6
Get the disc or buy from console marketplace.
Nothing is over-rated. Your opinion is just outnumbered.
PSN ID/Gamertag - AnonymousFriend

User Info: Super Creatures

Super Creatures
3 months ago#7
xmagxus posted...
Xbox live games with gold you claimed before i wanna say the year 2014 (i might be wrong on the year) but some of the older xbox gold game we all own forever.

However all games with gold you claim after I think that 2014 period stays on your account but you can only play them while you have an active gold subscription. You wont lose them if you let your sub end you just wont be able to play them.
Close, but no.

All Xbox and 360 GwG offerings are permanently owned by the account that claimed them, One titles are the only titles that require an active Gold subscription.
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.

User Info: shura631

shura631
3 months ago#8
new super lucky's tale

User Info: GinsuVictim

GinsuVictim
3 months ago#9
shura631 posted...
new super lucky's tale
Looks like you're in the wrong thread.
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)

User Info: AndyJoe89

AndyJoe89
3 months ago#10
Super Creatures posted...
Close, but no.

All Xbox and 360 GwG offerings are permanently owned by the account that claimed them, One titles are the only titles that require an active Gold subscription.

Not quite. If they are claimed through the Xbox One store or the current website pages, they have the Gold flag on them. But, if you claim them on the Xbox 360 or the older marketplace website pages, your account actually owns them.
Deadpool: the best Disney Princess
https://backloggery.com/SpudimusPrime89
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Will Xbox Live Games With Gold stay on your Xbox long after you leave Xbox Live?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A