• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Gears, Halo, Forza are supe played out.

User Info: PLCD

PLCD
2 weeks ago#1
Forza is a sports game so it can handle frequent iterations but Gears and Halo, I think they need to be put down for a long time. Hale Infinite is the first game in 5 years and maybe it will do something new to really energize the series but if its like the other Halo games, even if it's really good, I don't think its getting a lot people excited.

Gears 5, despite being pretty good, got lukewarm sales and consumer reception. These franchise are too played out and don't move the needle anymore. Their multiplayer isn't big enough to draw massive numbers and their campaigns are very good but stale.

I think they need to be put down completely forever or a very long time. Xbox needs new faces for the platform.
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.

User Info: Super Creatures

Super Creatures
2 weeks ago#2
Good thing they've acquired a number of studios with long histories of making good to great games from completely different genres, as well as more focus on making what were once PC exclusive titles from some of their studios available to console gamers.
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.

User Info: PLCD

PLCD
2 weeks ago#3
Super Creatures posted...
Good thing they've acquired a number of studios with long histories of making good to great games from completely different genres, as well as more focus on making what were once PC exclusive titles from some of their studios available to console gamers.
Yes! They need to lean heavily on these studios, let the Gears and Halo teams do something new.
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.

User Info: Squitchy

Squitchy
2 weeks ago#4
A lot of people are excited for a new Halo. It's definitely my most anticipated game.
May we meet again.

User Info: Zombody2

Zombody2
2 weeks ago#5
I disagree, Halo 5s multi is fantastic. Been playing halo since day 1, and I find going back to the MCC laughable compared to 5s mp.

I honestly assume people get really good at a game, halo 3 for example, and then when the next one comes out with changes, they don’t adapt. Instead they b**** and moan that it’s both not the exact same game and that it’s not different either.

5 is great, I am super excited for 6.

Never really cared for gears or forza but they seem to be doing great. I’m pretty sure both series did in fact sell well and do have a fanbase.

I just straight up don’t agree with you.
Dark Souls 2- Healing items, similar boss types = worst game in series
Bloodborne- Healing items, similar boss types = greatest game ever made.

User Info: Stratoz

Stratoz
2 weeks ago#6
I completely agree. Gears of War should have ended with GoW3 and Microsoft should have had 343 work on a new IP instead of being given a franchise that they have on three occasions f***ed up royally.

User Info: huerito323

huerito323
2 weeks ago#7
Stratoz posted...
I completely agree. Gears of War should have ended with GoW3 and Microsoft should have had 343 work on a new IP instead of being given a franchise that they have on three occasions f***ed up royally.

Gears 5 is the best imo. Just because you don't like the games anymore doesn't mean they should stop making them. Smh. Ridiculous

Don't buy them anymore and just move on

User Info: THEaircobra

THEaircobra
2 weeks ago#8
Stratoz posted...

You always post trash on here. Maybe go away since you don’t like Xbox.

And TC, no. Your opinion sucks.
GT: aircobra PSN: THEaircobra
FC: 6821-3283-1911

User Info: KinjoTakemura

KinjoTakemura
2 weeks ago#9
TC you like poking rabid fanboys with sticks don't you?
PSN/Steam Sh1kage - Borderlands The Handsome Collection, Vanquish, Remnant: From The Ashes, Visage, The Last of Us 2, GT Sport, Diablo 3 ROS

User Info: AlmightyCheeks

AlmightyCheeks
2 weeks ago#10
Mario and zelda have been played out for 20 years but people still buy that s***
Gamertag: ALMIGHTY CHEEKS
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Gears, Halo, Forza are supe played out.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A