• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xb1 will share cross gen games with the Series X for at least a year!

User Info: Surplus

Surplus
1 week ago#1
https://screenrant.com/microsoft-defends-xbox-series-x-exclusives-launch/

MS is defending the new Series X not having console exclusives at launch because it will share cross gen games with Xb1 for the first year. Needless to say many people were hoping to see what the Series X is capable of at launch.

Is the Xb1 holding back the next gen of Xbox console gaming? Will Halo Infinite alone be enough to justify a day One purchase for early adopters? Thoughts??
Nothing Exceeds Like Excess

User Info: SoFresh

SoFresh
1 week ago#2
as much as it pains you, I will be buying it day one and enjoying the next gen.

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
1 week ago#3
https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/0/3/9/AAHtixAAALPX.jpg
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: Brownstone

Brownstone
1 week ago#4
Are you concerned TC?
Ohhh, Elden Ring!

User Info: DaRealGamer

DaRealGamer
1 week ago#5
Brownstone posted...
Are you concerned TC?
For anyone who thought the X brought sleepless nights to these fanboys, wait until you see what MS's next generation's consoles do to them.

User Info: Rant_Casey

Rant_Casey
1 week ago#6
Surplus posted...
https://screenrant.com/microsoft-defends-xbox-series-x-exclusives-launch/

MS is defending the new Series X not having console exclusives at launch because it will share cross gen games with Xb1 for the first year. Needless to say many people were hoping to see what the Series X is capable of at launch.

Is the Xb1 holding back the next gen of Xbox console gaming? Will Halo Infinite alone be enough to justify a day One purchase for early adopters? Thoughts??

@Surplus

This is good news for the consumer, there is nothing to "defend." More options and more means to access games is to our benefit. Why would this be of concern to gamers?

User Info: Surplus

Surplus
1 week ago#7
Brownstone posted...
Are you concerned TC?

Many gamers are. One of the more exciting aspects of purchasing any next generation console is the exclusive games that accompany it. Halo Infinite not withstanding, the lack of Series X launch exclusives is worrisome.

Nothing Exceeds Like Excess

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
1 week ago#8
PS4 didn't have a single good Exclusive until Horizon Zero Dawn. That Console did okay I hear.
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: Rant_Casey

Rant_Casey
1 week ago#9
Surplus posted...
Many gamers are. One of the more exciting aspects of purchasing any next generation console is the exclusive games that accompany it. Halo Infinite not withstanding, the lack of Series X launch exclusives is worrisome.

That is not accurate, based on my experience, and that does not reflect my priorities or my values in any way, or the best interests of the consumer. Exclusives are an antiquated anti-consumer practice, and it's to our benefit as consumers, as gamers, that the industry is moving away from this.

User Info: sillyrascal

sillyrascal
1 week ago#10
So Xbox games will easily outsell PS5 games.

Thanks?
The Skimbleshanks the railway cat of Gamefaqs
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xb1 will share cross gen games with the Series X for at least a year!
  • Topic Closed

GameFAQs Q&A