• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Should MS skip e3?

User Info: SonyPonyTony

SonyPonyTony
3 days ago#41
urmie posted...
Considering they host their own event at the Microsoft Center for years now, whatever happens with E3 won't affect what MS does.

I remember when PS zealots were using E3 blueprints and how grand PS was gonna be and how "small" MS's event space was......only to find out MS was moving to their own building. Now E3 doesn't "matter". Good times. LOL
Lol I remember that. It was a really big deal back then, I wonder why they're trying to downplay sony's absence now....
hmmmmm...
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
Forza defined the Car Simulator Genre, it was always the highest selling franchise in the genre by a HUGE margin. - Izraeil
SonyPonyTony posted...
Lol I remember that. It was a really big deal back then, I wonder why they're trying to downplay sony's absence now....
hmmmmm...
Bingo. Actually forgot the blueprint thing, ROFL.

Gotta' love when goalposts are on wheels with powerful motors for easy shifting. xD
No dream is too big, no challenge too great, nothing we want for our future is beyond our reach. When somebody challenges you, fight back; be brutal, be tough.

User Info: MrCokeacola

MrCokeacola
2 days ago#43
Surplus posted...
Should MS also follow suit?
Yes, there is no more reason to have E3 press conferences are a thing of the past.
"GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site." ~ CJayC

User Info: vashkey

vashkey
2 days ago#44
Idc. E3 is exciting because a bunch of games get announced all at once but at the end of the day it doesnt really matter if that happens all at once or through out the year. As exciting as it can be it would probably be better if they did away with it. Or if at least it's importance were reduced. Devs put aside valuable development time just to make secialized stage demos for showcasing that sometimes don't even contribute to the game itself. No Man's Sky and Halo 2 are good examples.

If E3 went away maybe more devs could just focusing on making their game and not worry about devoting resources to a fancy E3 reveal or stage demo or could maybe actually wait to announce a game when it's closer to release.

But who knows, maybe some equally bad thing or worse would take it's place. But it's hard to imagine. At least if it were like Nintendo's directs things would probably be a lot better paced and less awkward.

User Info: BahamutBBob

BahamutBBob
2 days ago#45
sillyrascal posted...
I think we can expect Xbox exclusive announcements at The VGAs as well
VGAs suck though, so. Like, who gave Spike TV any authority on video games? Oh, they hired Geoff Keighley who worked at G4 for, like, 2 weeks before G4 cancelled all of their original shows but X-Play and Attack of the Show. And then VGAs split off at some point.

User Info: BadAlchemist

BadAlchemist
2 days ago#46
No.
I own an Xbox. I give money to MS. I want to watch their E3.

User Info: sillyrascal

sillyrascal
2 days ago#47
BahamutBBob posted...
VGAs suck though, so.

Indeed they do...but....when Matt Booty said "we have enough stuff to announce new games at every event" many just saw that as E3 and XO events.

Then they dropped Hellblade 2 and SeXbox at VGA...complete bombshell. So we should take that into expectations now.
The wanted Juicy Shaq Meat of Gamefaqs
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: The_Hedon

The_Hedon
2 days ago#48
Surplus posted...
With e3 around the corner gamers are excited to see what the next generation of gaming will look like. For the past few years however, we’ve seen other companies attain great success by skipping this event altogether.

Should MS also follow suit? Would a completely private/sole MS games event be beneficial to the brand? IMO it would certainly keep the spot light solely on MS. What do you think? Comment with your thoughts & insight below.

MS already followed suit. They are not at E3 anymore, and they made their own event at their own Microsoft theater and it's opened to Xbox gamers. That is where they also host the VGA's now too.

If anything, MS should be at more events. E3, their own event that they do at Microsoft Theater, VGAs, CES, Gamescom, X020, and probably at least 2 more. I mean, they have the largest line up of first party studios. They are releasing 12 Xbox Game Studios games in 2020 alone. As gamers, I want to see all the trailer, all the demos, all the details, all the information as I can because this is a hobby that I enjoy.

It makes sense that Sony wouldn't be there, as they don't have any games to show other than the same TLOU2 and Ghost of Tsushimi that they have shown 5 million times over the past few years, with mostly CGI. Even the PlayStation boss said they want FEWER games and said they area already doing fewer games each year.

Why would Sony go to E3 if they have no games to show? They are revealing the PS5 at their own event.

If anything, Microsoft should be the new host of E3, since they are so big in gaming now, largest 1st party of the big 3, and they have the best versions of all the third party games going forward on their console. They could call it XE2, Xbox Entertainment Expo.

Thoughts @sillyrascal ?
XBL: xHedon PSN: x_Hedon Alt: Dragonborn

User Info: sillyrascal

sillyrascal
2 days ago#49
The_Hedon posted...
Thoughts @sillyrascal ?

Indeed. You have to remember, its not up to Microsoft. Publishers begged, pleaded with them to debut games on their stage.

For the world, where they would look and run best. Nintendo hardware won't run them. Playstation doesnt have the content for a show.

Microsofts own teams have WAY TOO MANY announcements for one or two shows a year.

It's evolution. Its science. The strong survive.

The wanted Juicy Shaq Meat of Gamefaqs

User Info: The_Hedon

The_Hedon
2 days ago#50
sillyrascal posted...
Indeed. You have to remember, its not up to Microsoft. Publishers begged, pleaded with them to debut games on their stage.

For the world, where they would look and run best. Nintendo hardware won't run them. Playstation doesnt have the content for a show.

Microsofts own teams have WAY TOO MANY announcements for one or two shows a year.

It's evolution. Its science. The strong survive.
You make me want to be a better man....
XBL: xHedon PSN: x_Hedon Alt: Dragonborn
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Should MS skip e3?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers