• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. The PC vs XBSX debate...

User Info: madrileno23

madrileno23
1 week ago#1
Lets assume XBSX is $499 and a good gaming machine is $999 roughly

but pretty much everyone will want a basic computer anyway just for personal home use, and even a low tier desktop machine will cost you around $400 or so.

so really unless you plan on not owning a computer at all, the cost difference for a gaming PC is really only like $500-600.

this emphasizes the fact that PCs have way more uses than a games console.

For that $999 you could build a system with a Ryzen 7 2700x 8c/16t, an RTX 2070Super, a 1TB SSD, and a decent MOBO ans CPU fan cooler, along with 16GB DDR4 RAM
PSN - madrileno23 XBL - thatchefdude
Playing - PS4 - Reside Evil Series (0,1, CV) XB1 - Gears of War 1-4

User Info: gangoplush

gangoplush
1 week ago#2
It's 2020 now

Stop this bs
Gt is Deeeeeeeeeeek
That's 11 e's

User Info: grampamurked

grampamurked
1 week ago#3
Home computers lol

My phone & tablet can do everything I need them to do at home.
And besides that you're hypothetical presumes that no one has a PC already and will need to choose between a pc and a console. That's just dumb.

My i7 1080 machine is already outdated and it's a 2000.00 machine. You will not build a good rig with 1000.00 and whatever you do build will be outdated and outclassed before you even plug it in.

Stupid Sony Ponies
Steam ID: H8Laggers PSN ID: H8-Laggers GT: H8laggers
Currently playing: The keyboard on my smartphone.

User Info: JohnEtrav

JohnEtrav
1 week ago#4
I haven't even used a PC in at least years. I can do whatever I need on my phone or tablet.

I'm not knocking PC gaming, it just isn't for me. I like knowing my console will be able to handle game coming out for the next 6 years or so.
"Have fun storming the castle!"

User Info: Liberal_Dave

Liberal_Dave
1 week ago#5
If you spend more on a pc now you will get more mileage out of it and all the Xbox games will run anyway.

User Info: wildstrike1516

wildstrike1516
1 week ago#6
madrileno23 posted...
Lets assume XBSX is $499 and a good gaming machine is $999 roughly

but pretty much everyone will want a basic computer anyway just for personal home use, and even a low tier desktop machine will cost you around $400 or so.

so really unless you plan on not owning a computer at all, the cost difference for a gaming PC is really only like $500-600.

this emphasizes the fact that PCs have way more uses than a games console.

For that $999 you could build a system with a Ryzen 7 2700x 8c/16t, an RTX 2070Super, a 1TB SSD, and a decent MOBO ans CPU fan cooler, along with 16GB DDR4 RAM

Do you really think a person in 2020 that owns an Xo doesn't already have a home PC/Laptop? Also I just bought a Ryzen 3700x with 5700xt 16gb and a mobo this weekend and those 4 parts alone were $950 dollars. I do not need the hard drive, case, power supply, mouse, keyboard or legal copy of windows because I already have them. Stop with this BS.
"the PS1 and PS2 games, they looked ancient, why would anybody play this?" - Jim Ryan, President and CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment

User Info: 2015_Mustang

2015_Mustang
1 week ago#7
grampamurked posted...
Home computers lol

My phone & tablet can do everything I need them to do at home.
And besides that you're hypothetical presumes that no one has a PC already and will need to choose between a pc and a console. That's just dumb.

My i7 1080 machine is already outdated and it's a 2000.00 machine. You will not build a good rig with 1000.00 and whatever you do build will be outdated and outclassed before you even plug it in.

Stupid Sony Ponies
If your computer actually has an i7 and a 1080 then it's significantly more powerful than the 1X is though...
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: wildstrike1516

wildstrike1516
1 week ago#8
2015_Mustang posted...
If your computer actually has an i7 and a 1080 then it's significantly more powerful than the 1X is though...

Lol no it isn't.
"the PS1 and PS2 games, they looked ancient, why would anybody play this?" - Jim Ryan, President and CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment

User Info: Brownstone

Brownstone
1 week ago#9
Which one is a console? That's the one i'm getting.
Ohhh, Elden Ring!

User Info: ExempliGratia

ExempliGratia
1 week ago#10
PC vs XBSX debate: Console gamers don't care about gaming on a PC. Please PC people stop trying to feel like you belong. Go back into your corner.

Xbox Live Gamertag :ExempliGratiaEGPSN::ExempliGratia
If you're over 35 with kids arguing on Gamefaqs something is wrong
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. The PC vs XBSX debate...
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers