The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. 'Gears 5' Is The Win That Microsoft Needed, The Xbox's Answer To 'Uncharted'

User Info: Houndour

Houndour
4 weeks ago#1
https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2019/09/11/gears-5-is-the-win-that-microsoft-needed-the-xboxs-answer-to-uncharted/#4c9360791819

Gears 5 is a spectacular return to form, bringing us the same level of jaw-dropping graphical achievement that stunned the world back with the original Gears of War and layering that with a compelling story inside of an ever more complex world.

Even on the heels of a new generation. Future looks bright for Xbox Game Studios.

User Info: YeaICampSo

YeaICampSo
4 weeks ago#2
But is it their answer to Demon’s Souls or Bloodborne?
Xbox One X (Yeah I Camp So) PS4 Pro (YeaICampSo) Nintendo Switch (YeahICampSo) PC (https://valid.x86.fr/t9ny5c) gamer

User Info: DirkMcGurkin

DirkMcGurkin
4 weeks ago#3
YeaICampSo posted...

Gears 5 is the best soulsbourne game I've ever played.
Send... more... paramedics.

User Info: YeaICampSo

YeaICampSo
4 weeks ago#4
DirkMcGurkin posted...
YeaICampSo posted...

It’s also the best soccer game I’ve played.
Xbox One X (Yeah I Camp So) PS4 Pro (YeaICampSo) Nintendo Switch (YeahICampSo) PC (https://valid.x86.fr/t9ny5c) gamer

User Info: Brownstone

Brownstone
4 weeks ago#5
Answer to Uncharted? What a f***ing joke. Uncharted 4 isn't half of the game Gears 5 is.
Games of the generation: Dark Souls 3 and TLoZ: Breath of the Wild.

User Info: Brownstone

Brownstone
4 weeks ago#6
YeaICampSo posted...

Well, demon's is not availabe on PS4 and there are 3 very similar games to Bloodborne (which is fantastic, i know) on Xbox: the Souls trilogy. There is nothing similar to Gears 5 on PS4 though.
Games of the generation: Dark Souls 3 and TLoZ: Breath of the Wild.

User Info: DirkMcGurkin

DirkMcGurkin
4 weeks ago#7
YeaICampSo posted...
DirkMcGurkin posted...
YeaICampSo posted...

It’s also the best soccer game I’ve played.

Sorry, but there's not dodge roll in soccer.
Send... more... paramedics.

User Info: EmperorOfSand

EmperorOfSand
4 weeks ago#8
Brownstone posted...
Answer to Uncharted? What a f***ing joke. Uncharted 4 isn't half of the game Gears 5 is.

Bold claim, though ive yet to play Gears 5 to find out.
Now Playing: Days Gone, Metro Exodus, The Witcher 3, AC Odyssey.

User Info: DeadCellScorpio

DeadCellScorpio
4 weeks ago#9
Houndour posted...
https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2019/09/11/gears-5-is-the-win-that-microsoft-needed-the-xboxs-answer-to-uncharted/#4c9360791819

Gears 5 is a spectacular return to form, bringing us the same level of jaw-dropping graphical achievement that stunned the world back with the original Gears of War and layering that with a compelling story inside of an ever more complex world.

Even on the heels of a new generation. Future looks bright for Xbox Game Studios.

Xbox game studios has stepped it up and the change begins with Gears 5. The Coalition has set the bar. The other studios will have to keep up.
"I can confidently say that graphics matter, because I played through Killzone: Shadow Fall"-Shuhei Yoshida

User Info: Bobsy84

Bobsy84
4 weeks ago#10
Fair comparison, Uncharted games are my favourite Sony exclusive and Gears my favourite Xbox one.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. 'Gears 5' Is The Win That Microsoft Needed, The Xbox's Answer To 'Uncharted'
  • Topic Archived