• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. DEDICATED RAY TRACING CORES Home News Video Cards Gears 5 developer says Xbox Sc

User Info: krazykiwikid

krazykiwikid
1 month ago#1
https://www.tweaktown.com/news/67521/gears-5-developer-xbox-scarlett-dedicated-ray-tracing-cores/index.html
If you wish to make a topic about Xbox One then do so. What happens with the PlayStation has nothing to do with Xbox - Gamefaqs moderator

User Info: DirkMcGurkin

DirkMcGurkin
1 month ago#2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91kxRGeg9wQ

A short and sweet example of what ray tracing can do if you haven't ever looked into it much.

It's a game changer. Combined with HDR we are stepping into a new world of immersion next gen.
Send... more... paramedics.

krazykiwikid
1 month ago#3
The lighting in Gears 5 was astonishing. Can't wait for next gen.
If you wish to make a topic about Xbox One then do so. What happens with the PlayStation has nothing to do with Xbox - Gamefaqs moderator

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
1 month ago#4
But remember Sony and its Devs are currently wanking over the fact that the PS5 has a SSD that will reduce load times...its not like we have had SSD's in game for like seven plus years?
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: Tourn46

Tourn46
1 month ago#5
Why bring up Sony?
GT/PSN: Tourn46
"Ha ha ha! You're getting my Goron blood pumping!"

agentspoon
1 month ago#6
Tourn46 posted...
Why bring up Sony?

Its relevant, feature Vs feature, even more so as we approach the reveal of both. Why screaming and point at what I wrote in the hope to stir up s***?
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?

User Info: EightySix22

EightySix22
1 month ago#7
I don't understand at all what the topic title is trying to say. All these word salads about specs and stuff are just so confusing. I refuse to believe the fanboys (from both sides) actually understand what any of this means.

User Info: DirkMcGurkin

DirkMcGurkin
1 month ago#8
Tourn46 posted...
Why bring up Sony?

Ahhh, so that's the missing post I have blocked. Let me guess.... it's agent spoon baiting some trolls so he can quickly derail the topic into nothing more than him and a troll going back and forth for 5 pages.
Send... more... paramedics.

agentspoon
1 month ago#9
EightySix22 posted...
I don't understand at all what the topic title is trying to say. All these word salads about specs and stuff are just so confusing. I refuse to believe the fanboys (from both sides) actually understand what any of this means.

The Xbox Scarlett will have dedicated Cores specifically to calculate and render Ray Tracing. Very high end PC Graphics Cards have this.

Basically it means that the Devs can put in a command saying "Ray Tracing starts here" and the Console will take up the slack and do the complicated calculations meaning that precious resources from the games actual engine won't be taken up.

...I think.

krazykiwikid
1 month ago#10
The f***. I outright copied the title from that site and it pasted like that.

Maaaaaaybe I should have checked it before posting though.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. DEDICATED RAY TRACING CORES Home News Video Cards Gears 5 developer says Xbox Sc
  • Topic Archived