• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is gamepass a success or failure for Xbox? Is this hurting the Xbox brand?

User Info: MetalZoic

MetalZoic
1 month ago#41
leelee3105 posted...
Could you imagine spending time on a gaming forum and not know the difference between xcloud and gamepass? My 10 year old knows the difference

What I find amusing is that TC screwed up by saying Gamepass when he was actually talking about Xcloud. But even after correcting himself, nearly everyone is still discussing Gamepass instead of Xcloud and TC still chimes in not seeming to understand the difference.

User Info: NeuralLaxative

NeuralLaxative
1 month ago#42
For us, it’s good. For developers, especially first party titles, I’m not sure how good. I don’t think I’ll ever buy a game i beat thats in the gamepass catalogue

For example, i was about to buy metro exodus

I’ll beat it

Sure as hell not buying it now. I don’t know how much money they get per download but I’m pretty sure they would get more if i bought it
https://i.imgur.com/rPJnWhf.jpg

User Info: 2manymonikers

2manymonikers
1 month ago#43
MetalZoic posted...
leelee3105 posted...
Could you imagine spending time on a gaming forum and not know the difference between xcloud and gamepass? My 10 year old knows the difference

What I find amusing is that TC screwed up by saying Gamepass when he was actually talking about Xcloud. But even after correcting himself, nearly everyone is still discussing Gamepass instead of Xcloud and TC still chimes in not seeming to understand the difference.

I think he got the difference eventually lol. I still commented on his all digital concern merely cause I am just dreading a digital only future. Thankfully I doubt it'll happen in my lifetime but if it does I am peacing out of future purchases.

User Info: 2manymonikers

2manymonikers
1 month ago#44
leelee3105 posted...

Of course your 10 year old knows the difference, xbox is likely a religion in your household.

I wouldnt be surprised if your child was forced to pray to Phil Spencer every night before bed-
"Dear Phil Spencer, please forgive me this day for liking a videogame on the Nintendo or Sony platform as I forgive them for tempting me with such evil. Thank you for your gamepass as it allows all to partake in your green holiness for such a cheap price and thank you that I may laugh at the competition as they scramble to keep up with your online service. Help me to continue being the best at Halo online and allow me complete victory over all opponents. In Phil Spencer I trust, amen".
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is gamepass a success or failure for Xbox? Is this hurting the Xbox brand?
  • Topic Archived