You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Seeing next to no hype for Gears 5

User Info: UnLoco

UnLoco
1 week ago#1
What gives? Even after the E3 teaser and presentation I am not seeing hype for the game and yet it is set to come out in September. What's up with that? The game looks fantastic and Kait's character is very compelling. Are other games eclipsing it?

If I recall part 4 didn't do very well in terms of sales, is the series struggling?

User Info: Brownstone

Brownstone
1 week ago#2
Garbage marketing (no surprise given this is MS we're talking about) and the game looks more of the same, again. I'm sure it will be great tho.
Games of the generation: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls 3, Monster Hunter World, Ori and the Blind Forest, The Witcher 3, MK8 and Super Mario Odyssey.

User Info: sillyrascal

sillyrascal
1 week ago#3
MS is predicting 20-25 million sells.
The Lin-Maniel Miranda of GAMEFAQS

User Info: Armyofone

Armyofone
1 week ago#4
It's an old,tired franchise past it's prime. I also not excited to play as Kait
Lightning- I control my Fate! (FF 13)
Xbox GT-

User Info: Shura_Surplice

Shura_Surplice
1 week ago#5
Armyofone posted...
It's an old,tired franchise past it's prime. I also not excited to play as Kait

This
PS4 97+ millions Xbox 42+ millions Nintendo Switch 35+ millions (soon to be #2)

User Info: The_Hedon

The_Hedon
1 week ago#6
UnLoco posted...
What gives? Even after the E3 teaser and presentation I am not seeing hype for the game and yet it is set to come out in September. What's up with that? The game looks fantastic and Kait's character is very compelling. Are other games eclipsing it?

If I recall part 4 didn't do very well in terms of sales, is the series struggling?

The hype is off the charts actually. It's the game we seem most people talking about.
XBL: xHedon PSN: x_Hedon

User Info: crynryan

crynryan
1 week ago#7
Brownstone posted...
and the game looks more of the same, again.

Not really, new mode, new direction for the story and narrative, gunplay differences. At this point all that'll be carried over from the previous games are the weapons and the majority of movement mechanics.
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)

User Info: Beasthunt

Beasthunt
1 week ago#8
They showed zero gameplay. Most of us are adults who have been gaming for a very long time and cgi trailers and talking about the game wore off 10 years ago.

#NoGameplayNoHype
Acts 2:38.

User Info: The_Hedon

The_Hedon
1 week ago#9
Beasthunt posted...
They showed zero gameplay. Most of us are adults who have been gaming for a very long time and cgi trailers and talking about the game wore off 10 years ago.

#NoGameplayNoHype

1 hour
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=992&v=ShvBfhMJL9M

10 minutes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpL7M-Ci1HA

14 minutes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jybpwI7e6iU
XBL: xHedon PSN: x_Hedon

User Info: Brownstone

Brownstone
1 week ago#10
crynryan posted...
Brownstone posted...
and the game looks more of the same, again.

Not really, new mode, new direction for the story and narrative, gunplay differences. At this point all that'll be carried over from the previous games are the weapons and the majority of movement mechanics.

This is what i really wanted to see a change. I mean, i've played all Gears games and i enjoyed all of them, but i'm not a hardcore player and i'm not into the multiplayer at all (only horde mode). I didn't notice any gunplay change, but again i'm a casual regarding shooting games so i could be wrong. The new mode looks great, but is not enough imo.
Games of the generation: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls 3, Monster Hunter World, Ori and the Blind Forest, The Witcher 3, MK8 and Super Mario Odyssey.
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Seeing next to no hype for Gears 5