• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Should I buy a XB1 or wait for the new one?

User Info: BigCheesey

BigCheesey
4 weeks ago#1
I was thinking of buying one because I only have a Xbox 360, but I'm afraid that if I do, Mircosoft is just going to release a new console shortly after.

So is it a good time to buy or not?
"I am a fan of classical art, mainly memes from 2006."

User Info: mizaReee

mizaReee
4 weeks ago#2
I'd buy a cheap second hand one and play it until I'm ready to upgrade id expect the games you buy for it to carry over to next gen so you could sell the console on when you're done with it its really up to what you and what you think you can afford or are willing to do
Came outta nowhere

User Info: huntersfightert

huntersfightert
4 weeks ago#3
E3 is next month, just wait 1 more month to see the new console and then decide after they announce the release date.

User Info: SoFresh

SoFresh
4 weeks ago#4
an X1 is really cheap, even the X isn't that much. MS just offered a trade in promo you could've gotten an X for $300 just trading in your 360. The new consoles are more than a year out, I would just buy one now.

User Info: Rings

Rings
4 weeks ago#5
SoFresh posted...
an X1 is really cheap, even the X isn't that much. MS just offered a trade in promo you could've gotten an X for $300 just trading in your 360. The new consoles are more than a year out, I would just buy one now.
Intel Pentium 166 MHz, 32mb RAM, ATI Rage 128 Pro, 500mb HDD, 15" Colour Monitor, Windows 98

User Info: vashkey

vashkey
4 weeks ago#6
You only have a 360 and youre just now worried about being left behind?

User Info: DXLR8R

DXLR8R
4 weeks ago#7
Yep, wait a month to see what gets announced - if nothing gets announced, you got a possible 2 years to play on the current console.
/\/ / /\/_/ /\ G A I D E N II - ||=|| /-\ |_ {{3}} all I need - also known as Skilotonn at TeamXbox

User Info: Novus136

Novus136
4 weeks ago#8
get one either on sale or second hand. Then if the new one isn't announced to be BC then buy a one x while you wait. It's never fun to be an early adopter of a new system because there's usually a good amount of defective ones and there's no games for a good while unless it's got native BC.

Don't believe any release dates you see for the new console of games either. 9 times out of 10, 2/3rds of the games announced will be pushed after the console actually comes out. Don't buy a new console until the games you want are ACTUALLY out. Unless you just like being an early adopter for the hell of it.

User Info: joeboy901

joeboy901
4 weeks ago#9
Buy one! You won't regret it. Why wait?
XBox: Aerol901

User Info: nems1015

nems1015
4 weeks ago#10
I'd personally get one now.

Even if the new one comes out in 2020 the X1 will still be supported.

Plenty of games to play now and upcoming that you'd be missing out on. X1 has an amazing catalog of games so you will be busy for quite some time.

I also want to point out as someone who's always bought every Xbox console on launch day. It will be awhile before they truly utilize the power of the system.

All in all, I'd say get an X1 now, enjoy the great catalog of games for the system and when you feel the time is right for next gen, then make the move.
Currently playing : DooM (1X), Assasins Creed: Odessey (1X), MK11 (1X), NBA2K19 (1X), Diablo 3 (1X)
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Should I buy a XB1 or wait for the new one?
  • Topic Archived