• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Portal 2 refuses to go on sale!

User Info: ilovecarebears

ilovecarebears
4 weeks ago#1
Didn't buy it back when it went on sale fairly often and now every backward compat sale it's never on sale!!! When I first got my x I remember seeing it on sale for 5 dollars all the time. Been probably a year without a sale now.

User Info: Superflyt56

Superflyt56
4 weeks ago#2
Yes this and the orange box never seem to be on sale. I have been waiting since the orange box got X1X enhanced but haven't seen a sale yet.

User Info: ilovecarebears

ilovecarebears
4 weeks ago#3
Superflyt56 posted...
Yes this and the orange box never seem to be on sale. I have been waiting since the orange box got X1X enhanced but haven't seen a sale yet.

bought the orange box on sale for 5 bucks during one of the sales and l4d2. Portal 2 was on sale as well but I didn't get it. Super salty about it still

User Info: flame030191

flame030191
4 weeks ago#4
Isn’t it only $20? Just buy it for that price, it’s well worth it if you haven’t played the game before and especially so if you have a friend to play the co-op with.
X1X/PS4 Pro/Switch/RTX master race

User Info: lightfighter

lightfighter
4 weeks ago#5
It's worth whatever the price is atm!
Love that game!

User Info: vashkey

vashkey
4 weeks ago#6
You can buy it for less than ten bucks used on amazon

User Info: The_Conjuring

The_Conjuring
4 weeks ago#7
ilovecarebears posted...
Superflyt56 posted...

bought the orange box on sale for 5 bucks during one of the sales and l4d2. Portal 2 was on sale as well but I didn't get it. Super salty about it still

I'd love to buy those games if they go on sale. I have some money burning a hole in my pocket on my account. Also, I recognize your username from many, many years ago. I can't remember if you were one of my good friends, or trolled the ps3 boards. That's how I remember most people on here!
Owner of ps4, Xbone, and Switch.

User Info: Arizona_Joe

Arizona_Joe
4 weeks ago#8
I mean for some games if you want those bargin bin prices you're gonna have to actually go to a bargin bin since some just like to never drop for digital. Or you get some odd ones like Condemned Criminal Origins which is on sale right not for $20. 2005 game and that's it's on sale price.

User Info: The_Conjuring

The_Conjuring
4 weeks ago#9
Arizona_Joe posted...
I mean for some games if you want those bargin bin prices you're gonna have to actually go to a bargin bin since some just like to never drop for digital. Or you get some odd ones like Condemned Criminal Origins which is on sale right not for $20. 2005 game and that's it's on sale price.

Great game but that's ridiculous
Owner of ps4, Xbone, and Switch.

User Info: FTWWholeFnShow

FTWWholeFnShow
3 weeks ago#10
I have had CONSISTENT audio issues with The Orange Box since it first went Backwards Compatible, no matter how many times I've reinstalled, or tried internal or external HDDs, every single time after roughly 10 min of playtime my audio will have a static burst, then silence. Even my dashboard and menus are silent. I have to perform a hard reset by holding the power button down for the what, 10 seconds, then I get audio back. A quick shutdown while in power saver mode then back on will NOT return my audio.

And its ONLY Orange Box, I have Counter-Strike:GO also by Valve/EA and it has absolutely no issues at all. And I've not encountered this with any of the other Backward Compatible games I own, even Microsoft Tech Support is stumped on why I have this issue, they even offered me a refund at one point, but my purchase history only on xbox.com, and on their end only seems to go back to 2010 and they cant see anything further back than what I can see on my account on xbox.com. So they couldnt issue it even though I really wouldn't have felt right taking it, since I did play and enjoy it on the 360 years ago when I had my 360.
-\m/ ProWres Love \m/---Xbox One; Bennyhanna79
I play games I like, on what I own. I'm happy with mine.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Portal 2 refuses to go on sale!
  • Topic Archived