• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Lost Odyssey (On Sale)

User Info: Tourn46

Tourn46
1 month ago#1
If I love the FF games from FFXII and before... would you recommend this game? It's £9.99 in the Back Compat sale.
GT/PSN: Tourn46
"Ha ha ha! You're getting my Goron blood pumping!"

User Info: Yield2DNuggetry

Yield2DNuggetry
1 month ago#2
Yes! Im just now on Disc 4 and its easily one of the best JRPG's ive ever played.

User Info: lightfighter

lightfighter
1 month ago#3
Yes!

User Info: da_StoOge

da_StoOge
1 month ago#4
Lost Odyssey is the last Final Fantasy. It's by the creator of FF, with music by FF's most famous composer, and it looks and plays exactly like the original games. It even has a world map and vehicles.

It's a Final Fantasy in all but name. And it's a pretty good one. Make sure to read the dream short stories as they're all great.
"Even though I'm no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"

User Info: sillyrascal

sillyrascal
1 month ago#5
Tourn46 posted...
If I love the FF games from FFXII and before... would you recommend this game? It's £9.99 in the Back Compat sale.

Absolutely. Its a FF game in all but name (the turn based ones)
The PSY of gamefaqs
If you seek answers, my bio is now available at all good retailers.

User Info: ZDT_Leader

ZDT_Leader
1 month ago#6
I love this game but I’ve never been past the second disc.. I don’t know why but I just always play something else and forget about it.
Married September 21st, 2017
R.I.P Mom..Aug 30th, 2007

Tourn46
1 month ago#7
Is there a single FF game you'd say it's most akin to?

I like having the world map to explore and stuff too - does this run a similar format to say FFVII in that respect?

User Info: Kill4em1all2

Kill4em1all2
1 month ago#8
Tourn46 posted...

I like having the world map to explore and stuff too - does this run a similar format to say FFVII in that respect?

Final Fantasy X.
5) Tecmo Super Bowl NES 4) Skies of Arcadia GC 3) Super Mario Bros 3 NES 2) Mass Effect series 360 1) Final Fantasy X PS2/3/4

Tourn46
1 month ago#9
Kill4em1all2 posted...
Tourn46 posted...

Final Fantasy X.

That's certainly enough to seal a purchase for me.

Thanks.

User Info: Epacalypse

Epacalypse
1 month ago#10
It was years ago I played the original. Is this new release any different? I may pick it up to play through again.
Sleeping is a waste of time.
GT: EPACALYPSE
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Lost Odyssey (On Sale)
  • Topic Archived