• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Just cause 4 is boring or maybe it's not?

User Info: superwesker

superwesker
1 month ago#1
This series let me tell ya has more potential than most open world games but always has something that makes it feel off. The first one on the original Xbox was buggy but fun as it was like a 3rd person far cry at the time. 2 was damn near perfect on 360. 3 was glitchy but I still had a decent amount of fun. But 4 is missing something. It’s not as glitchy as 3, I love the 80s synch music and hidden ah-ha Easter egg; but overall it’s boring.

Fans of the series, what is it missing? I’m about 12 hours in and ready to call it. I hate to because I like the world but I think it’s pretty empty and they might have put too much random s*** to do in it? Idk
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world...so wake up Mr. Freeman, wake up and smell the ashes." GT:crazydaygo

User Info: Zombody2

Zombody2
1 month ago#2
Well for me it just didn’t improve, change, or push the series forward much at all. It’s too much like 3.

1, 2, and 3 are similar but look and feel very different. 4 is just like 3.

So I played it for about two hours and just though to myself, been there, done that, so I just abandoned it.

My assumption is that the Avalanche team that made JC2 went on to make Mad Max while the B team went on to make JC3, and I assume now the A team is on Rage 2 and the B team got Jc4.

I’m guessing that’s the situation based on how good JC2, mad max, and as it looks like right now Rage 2 are, and how middle of the road jc3/4 are.
Dark Souls 2- Healing items, similar boss types = worst game in series
Bloodborne- Healing items, similar boss types = greatest game ever made.

User Info: StaticPenguin

StaticPenguin
1 month ago#3
It's super boring IMO. I beat the game but I had zero drive to any of the side stuff.
Latest Review - Dragon Marked for Death
http://wethenerdy.com/dragon-marked-for-death-review/

superwesker
1 month ago#4
Zombody2 posted...
Well for me it just didn’t improve, change, or push the series forward much at all. It’s too much like 3.

1, 2, and 3 are similar but look and feel very different. 4 is just like 3.

So I played it for about two hours and just though to myself, been there, done that, so I just abandoned it.

My assumption is that the Avalanche team that made JC2 went on to make Mad Max while the B team went on to make JC3, and I assume now the A team is on Rage 2 and the B team got Jc4.

I’m guessing that’s the situation based on how good JC2, mad max, and as it looks like right now Rage 2 are, and how middle of the road jc3/4 are.

I think they were also working on generation zero. It was supposed to be a heavily influenced 80s game based in Sweden featuring robots but it too felt very boring and empty. I played it for a couple hours and shelved it. Their A team must all be working on Rage 2 for sure. Avalanche is a great studio but the last few games have been stinkers
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world...so wake up Mr. Freeman, wake up and smell the ashes." GT:crazydaygo

superwesker
1 month ago#5
StaticPenguin posted...
It's super boring IMO. I beat the game but I had zero drive to any of the side stuff.

I just finished getting the lightning weapon mission achievement and will probably uninstall it; don’t see it getting any better.

User Info: ab2c4

ab2c4
1 month ago#6
Never played it but my son said it was decent/good.

User Info: holden4ever

holden4ever
1 month ago#7
superwesker posted...

Fans of the series, what is it missing?

The need to destroy every enemy base.
https://i.imgtc.com/PVMF8VB.jpg

User Info: Skull_pro

Skull_pro
1 month ago#8
Have both on the PS4.

3 is a hell lot more fun IMO. Feels like to make your ally advance in JC4 you just need to do random chaos while in JC3, you had to liberate specific spots (by freeing a town or destroying a base)
My FC: 5301 2862 3777
Send me Donkey Kong Country Challenges! More info at: https://www.facebook.com/Challenge-NeoArashi-1882592348727869/

User Info: SixStringHero

SixStringHero
1 month ago#9
I only played a little of JC4 ,but I immediately noticed the visual downgrade in addition to the game putting a low ammo cap on weapons compared to JC3.

JC3 lets you carry way more ammo and explosions and overall visual clarity is better, but it comes at the price of performance and becomes a slide show during some base destruction missions.

User Info: _Flextacy_

_Flextacy_
1 month ago#10
I agree I got this and took it back for refund a week later, the problem with these games is the world doesn’t feel alive, I absolutely love the fact u can attach grapples to bikes and send them skywards as the rider flings off somewhere else.. but the world has no interaction, plus the lack of buildings u can enter makes it feel like a city full of walls not houses and offices..

Also it seems like nothing can be destroyed now, in jc3 I loved systematically destroyed an island of all its defences and then taking out the soldiers and buildings one by one till it was all gone, where as now it’s more of a clusterf***
Huge Huge Rockstar... There are FOUR LIGHTS !!
Build a Harmony Gold Wall, Make Macross Great again
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Just cause 4 is boring or maybe it's not?
  • Topic Archived