• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. False advertising by Microsoft on Final Fantasy 10 collection. Not Enhanced

User Info: autobotdan

autobotdan
1 month ago#1
Don't pay attention to the boxart claiming 'Enhanced 4K' on Xbox One Final Fantasy 10 collection. It's False advertising by Microsoft =(

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/final-fantasy-10-10-2-xbox-one-x-enhanced-4k-cancelled-2025731

https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/gaming/final-fantasy-x-remaster-xbox-one-x-support-3698864/amp
"A Lone Warrior must restore honor to his clan...
He seeks Justice for the Fallen...Vengeance is comming June 2008"

User Info: da_StoOge

da_StoOge
1 month ago#2
Thought so. I'd seen reports of a lot of aliasing and YouTube videos seemed to confirm it.

Funny seeing a bunch of others talking about how good it looked in 4k with HDR though.

Why do Square just half arse everything? One of Japan's biggest publishers and they couldn't be bothered touching the FF7,9 or 10 ports. And to have the nerve to charge $50 for a four year late port with no enhancements is rich.
"Even though I'm no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"

User Info: Arizona_Joe

Arizona_Joe
1 month ago#3
Most likely were planning and couldn't get it in time for the release and too late to change the box art. Could come at a later date.

User Info: autobotdan

autobotdan
1 month ago#4
Yeah totally not worth 50 dollars. I only paid 33 dollars. Wait for Black Friday sales if you want the collection. I'm still waiting for Target to deliver it to my house
"A Lone Warrior must restore honor to his clan...
He seeks Justice for the Fallen...Vengeance is comming June 2008"

User Info: xboxgamer2014

xboxgamer2014
1 month ago#5
Yeah.. maybe square gave them the wrong info
gamertag & psn: rasen145

User Info: da_StoOge

da_StoOge
1 month ago#6
Arizona_Joe posted...
Most likely were planning and couldn't get it in time for the release and too late to change the box art. Could come at a later date.

The port is four years old and was announced for Xbox last year. It's not coming. They couldn't even have been bothered adding analogue movement to FFIX or fixing its music loop bug.
"Even though I'm no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"

User Info: abbeldydoo

abbeldydoo
1 month ago#7
Waiting for the 20 dollar sweet spot myself.
Gamefaqs.You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious

User Info: Enclave

Enclave
1 month ago#8
Do you really think Xbox has proved itself worth actually putting effort into the porting of a jRPG? I mean really, Xbox isn't really known for its jRPG fans.

Maybe one day if Xbox fans start actually buying games in the genre then publishers and developers will put more effort into it on the Xbox platform but until then? Just expect minimum effort ports.

Really though, anybody who's serious about jRPGs already owns a PS4 and/or a Switch. You don't buy Xbox for jRPGs. (I do hope this changes next gen but it'll take a concerted effort on Microsoft's part as well as the average Xbox owner)

Now that said, the price is obviously too high in this case.
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.

User Info: Resident Weevil

Resident Weevil
1 month ago#9
Enclave posted...
Do you really think Xbox has proved itself worth actually putting effort into the porting of a jRPG? I mean really, Xbox isn't really known for its jRPG fans.

Maybe one day if Xbox fans start actually buying games in the genre then publishers and developers will put more effort into it on the Xbox platform but until then? Just expect minimum effort ports.

Really though, anybody who's serious about jRPGs already owns a PS4 and/or a Switch. You don't buy Xbox for jRPGs. (I do hope this changes next gen but it'll take a concerted effort on Microsoft's part as well as the average Xbox owner)

Now that said, the price is obviously too high in this case.

It's not on Microsoft that this was a crappy port. This is square enix game and they should have had more respect for their own work. But you're right about the price being too damn high.
...And on that day, the World was changed forever.

User Info: Boogie_WoogieWu

Boogie_WoogieWu
1 month ago#10
autobotdan posted...
It's False advertising by Microsoft =(

How so?

Are they the publisher?

In charge of the cover art?

Have a marketing deal?

Using info and marketing materials other than that provided by the publisher?
Fueled by Death, Unearthed by Odin.
I will take what is mine with Fire and Blood.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. False advertising by Microsoft on Final Fantasy 10 collection. Not Enhanced
  • Topic Archived