• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Lost Odyssey is excellent

User Info: Yield2DNuggetry

Yield2DNuggetry
1 month ago#1
Turn based JRPG's are my second favorite genre, so naturally i'd get this. Im only a little over an hour into it, but im really liking it. I like the goofy mage character since he defies the "wise and reserved mage/wizard" archetype i see too often in other jrpgs. The story has me genuinely intrigued (Gongora particularly), with me wondering wtf is gonna happen next.

I am super duper late to this game, as i only had a 360 for like, a couple weeks before it rro'd way back in 2009. Having it on the x1 makes me not have to worry lol.

User Info: skinnee11

skinnee11
1 month ago#2
It is a great game for sure. Too bad the genre is considered s***. Love me some single player turn based gaming.
"..I feel like sex with a clown would never be a consensual thing.." - Edgenight

User Info: Zombody2

Zombody2
1 month ago#3
I recommend Blue Dragon as well. It’s a different enough experience but it’s made by the same team plus it’s super cheap right now.
Dark Souls 2- Healing items, similar boss types = worst game in series
Bloodborne- Healing items, similar boss types = greatest game ever made.

User Info: Rings

Rings
1 month ago#4
It’s the best jrpg I’ve ever played.
Intel Pentium 166 MHz, 32mb RAM, ATI Rage 128 Pro, 500mb HDD, 15" Colour Monitor, Windows 98

User Info: sillyrascal

sillyrascal
1 month ago#5
Little tip TC. Make sure to collect seeds. They dont do anything but if you want to get the achievements to learn all spells for all characters then you'll need them.

As i found out 70 hours in.
The PSY of gamefaqs
If you seek answers, my bio is now available at all good retailers.

User Info: Beasthunt

Beasthunt
1 month ago#6
Zombody2 posted...
I recommend Blue Dragon as well. It’s a different enough experience but it’s made by the same team plus it’s super cheap right now.

Yessir. Both of these games were top notch.
Acts 2:38.

User Info: Bobsy84

Bobsy84
1 month ago#7
It might as well be a classic final fantasy. It’s my favourite jrpg since ff9.

User Info: Theleeham

Theleeham
1 month ago#8
sillyrascal posted...
Little tip TC. Make sure to collect seeds. They dont do anything but if you want to get the achievements to learn all spells for all characters then you'll need them.

As i found out 70 hours in.

The seeds are the least of your problems if you want every achievement in that game.

User Info: Yield2DNuggetry

Yield2DNuggetry
1 month ago#9
I got super wrecked by that bird creature boss on that windy mtn. Got. De.Ci. Mated. Serves me right for not spending 10 fo 15 min grinding. Felt somewhat good to know i cant ditz my way through it.

User Info: Hucast9

Hucast9
1 month ago#10
Yield2DNuggetry posted...
Turn based JRPG's are my second favorite genre, so naturally i'd get this. Im only a little over an hour into it, but im really liking it. I like the goofy mage character since he defies the "wise and reserved mage/wizard" archetype i see too often in other jrpgs. The story has me genuinely intrigued (Gongora particularly), with me wondering wtf is gonna happen next.

I am super duper late to this game, as i only had a 360 for like, a couple weeks before it rro'd way back in 2009. Having it on the x1 makes me not have to worry lol.

I bought this game on launch day. To my disappointment, this game came with the last disc in a paper sleeve. You guys remember that? I was lucky enough to keep the pre-order box, which was almost exactly the same as the main box. So I used the pre-order box to hold that last disc instead of the paper sleeve.

The game is absolutely amazing. This is likely what Final Fantasy 13 would've been like if Hironobu Sakaguchi had remained employed at Square. The game is basically Final Fantasy with the name Lost Odyssey.

Tc, I highly recommend you read the dream sequences even if you normally skip that reading stuff in games. They're very well made short stories that are presented very nicely.

I've acutally been thinking about doing a replay of this game since I haven't played it for a long long time. The last time I played it the feature to install games to the Xbox 360 hard drive wasn't even out yet. You guys playing it today have a much improved experience with much faster loading times.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Lost Odyssey is excellent
  • Topic Archived