• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Latest Division 2 patch reduced negative effects of mods

User Info: DirkMcGurkin

DirkMcGurkin
1 month ago#1
The Division 2’s latest patch(coming friday) improves weapon and skill mods

https://www.polygon.com/2019/4/3/18293804/the-division-2-tidal-basin-patch-weapon-skill-mods-rework

Every weapon slot will have at least one weapon mod without any negative effects. Massive will balance negatives based on how useful the mod is. For example, a magazine mod may give you fewer bullets than before, but without negatives. A different magazine may give you even more bullets, but come with a small penalty to headshot damage.

The rest of the patch will also balance various weapons and skills. However, Massive was clear that this is not a patch focused on balance. Instead, it’s waiting on players to experience the full endgame of World Tier 5 before it makes any serious adjustments..

This is good to know.

I'm a big fan of this game and love seeing how quickly they are addressing the issues.
Intel Pentium 133 mhz - 64mb ram- 3DFX Voodoo 2

User Info: Snowtrpr

Snowtrpr
1 month ago#2
Glad skill mod power requirement is being reworked. Literally couldn't use one the entire game because they all require skill power of some insane amount.

User Info: DirkMcGurkin

DirkMcGurkin
1 month ago#3
Also...

Skill power is going down across the board, and Massive warned players that they may see a reduction in their own skill power when they log in on Friday. It seems skill mods will still have the same kinds of perks on them. But players should have an easier time hitting the threshold to make them useful.

So the mods will require less to be equipped but the skills themselves are being nerfed.
Intel Pentium 133 mhz - 64mb ram- 3DFX Voodoo 2

User Info: AltiarLio

AltiarLio
1 month ago#4
I liked the skill power system. It meant you had to spec into and max out skill power to utilise the most powerful skill mods.

I hope it’s still the same but we will see
GT & Steam: Tyron3L1o. PSN: TyroneLio.
I enjoy video games and shoes, mainly shoes.

User Info: glitchXII

glitchXII
1 month ago#5
I just hope they fix the captions settings sometime soon. Its annoying having to reset them every time I play the game.
I refuse to take anyone who uses terms like 'weeb' or 'dudebro' seriously FC: 3496-9744-9813

User Info: ExempliGratia

ExempliGratia
1 month ago#6
Snowtrpr posted...
Glad skill mod power requirement is being reworked. Literally couldn't use one the entire game because they all require skill power of some insane amount.

It's still not fixed???

Get to it massive God damn it
Xbox Live Gamertag :ExempliGratiaEGPSN::ExempliGratia
I save my cellphone by turning it off.

User Info: AltiarLio

AltiarLio
1 month ago#7
ExempliGratia posted...
Snowtrpr posted...

It's still not fixed???

I though skill mods were for post lv30, it made sense given the skill power
GT & Steam: Tyron3L1o. PSN: TyroneLio.
I enjoy video games and shoes, mainly shoes.

User Info: RonBurgundy929

RonBurgundy929
1 month ago#8
Great. Now I’m worried.
Xbox One X & PS4 Pro: RonBurgundy929

User Info: ExempliGratia

ExempliGratia
1 month ago#9
AltiarLio posted...
ExempliGratia posted...
Snowtrpr posted...

It's still not fixed???

It's not. Because you get them from lower levels and they are lower levels. When you reach 30 you will get level 30 mods.

It's just bad. I'm close to 20 and I can't use any of them. By the time I can they will be too weak.
Xbox Live Gamertag :ExempliGratiaEGPSN::ExempliGratia
I save my cellphone by turning it off.

User Info: Snowtrpr

Snowtrpr
1 month ago#10
AltiarLio posted...
ExempliGratia posted...
Snowtrpr posted...

It's still not fixed???

Even at level 30 I've never been able to use any I've found.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Latest Division 2 patch reduced negative effects of mods
  • Topic Archived