• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Sekiro sucks

User Info: Brandy1977

Brandy1977
3 weeks ago#1
I love the Souls series of games and have greatly enjoyed them,i still think they are some of the best games of this and the previous gen.Having said that i honestly feel that Sekiro is getting its dick sucked just on those merits.

Im not saying its total s***,the game is beautiful and there is a quality to everything but i feel the design is just for a certain group of gamers which would probably be more of a small percentage of overall players.Kind of like its just hard for the sake of being hard as to where the Souls games had a feel to them where even when dying and hitting difficulty walls you were still having fun.I personally am just not having fun with Sekiro.

For lack of intelligent articulation on my part all i can say is Souls = hard but fun where Sekiro =Hard not fun which sucks.I dunno,maybe its just me and the level of gud you need to git in this particular game is above my head.I just wish i was having fun so i felt the desire to press forward,i just don't.
Gamefaqs is ran by trolls.

User Info: Chris_Hansen

Chris_Hansen
3 weeks ago#2
Git gud.

Brandy1977
3 weeks ago#3
Chris_Hansen posted...
Git gud.

I don't mind exerting the effort of at least attempting to git but i need to be having fun to want to expend the energy for the gitting.

User Info: da_StoOge

da_StoOge
3 weeks ago#4
The guitar sucks. I tried I and wasn't Hendrix.
"Even though I'm no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"

User Info: AltiarLio

AltiarLio
3 weeks ago#5
Mad cuz bad
GT & Steam: Tyron3L1o. PSN: TyroneLio.
I enjoy video games and shoes, mainly shoes.

Brandy1977
3 weeks ago#6
AltiarLio posted...
Mad cuz bad

Not mad,im sad.

User Info: Oxn518

Oxn518
3 weeks ago#7
Brandy1977 posted...
AltiarLio posted...
Mad cuz bad

Not mad,im sad.

Sad cuz bad
i3 8350k | Zotac GTX 1060 | 16gig DDR4 ram
"Sekiro is an absolute triumph of s***ty game design masquerading as difficulty. Just a nonstop stream of breaking its own rules to ruin the player’s experience. What an absolute clusterf*** of terrible.

I cannot recommend this game to people. It is a complete step backwards from the Souls/Bloodborne experience and I regret spending money on it.

It’s f***ing bad

A small list of Sekiro’s biggest offenses in no particular order:

- The game requires you to constantly engage in twitch-reflex battles while using a character who handles like a 57 Cadillac.

- Combat is 99% reactive, with parry windows that are measured in milliseconds.

- There is no sense of character progression. Whoopty-f***ing-do, my power went from “1” to “2”. I’m still gonna one hit kill all the mooks from stealth, and the bosses are bullet sponge monstrosities.

- The bosses are bullet sponge monstrosities.

- No, seriously, you don’t understand how f***ing tiring it is fighting these bosses. I *got* your f***ing attack pattern, Miniboss 20153, asking me to evade it five hundred times to slowly chip away your health is beyond excessive.

- Bosses like to glitch their attacks and movements! One second they’re obeying the laws of physics, the next a ten ton bull just warped ninety degrees to the side and now you’re dead because every boss combo one shots you.

- Every boss combo one shots you.

- The camera loses target lock when you get too close to a wall or far away from an enemy. In a game that relies on you target locking enemies in order to evade/attack, this is less than ideal.

- Playing this game is like punching yourself repeatedly in the balls, but not as fun.

I have played all the Souls games and Bloodborne, and (in my opinion) this game is a stealth game trying to be a fighting game trying to be an action game and it does not work at all.

The Souls games are tough, but fair. This is NES Battletoads.

I know the mechanics of the game. Guess what’s awesome about the bosses? Most of them require you to chip down their health before the parries actually affect their posture! Wheeeeee!

Oh! Forgot one! If you sneak attack an enemy in a group of enemies, they can hit you as you’re coming out of the unskippable attack animation with no chance to dodge/parry! That’s one of my personal favorites.

Love all these non-followers telling me to just “git gud” at Sekiro. Bro, I was already gud when the best part of you was dribbling down your mom’s thigh." - Chris Kluwe via Twitter
"All comedy is derived from fear." -- Garnet

User Info: MightyBaconX

MightyBaconX
3 weeks ago#9
You not having fun with it is fine, games are not meant to please all gamers.

All I can is, I'm still hitting dying a lot and hitting walls but I'm having a blast, and I can assure you that many many others, Fromsoft hardcores or not, are also.

The only thing I agree with you is that you didn't enjoy the game, and nothing else.

User Info: Jury

Jury
3 weeks ago#10
A game like this sells well because the fanbase was already established and thought they were getting more of the same.
Sadly the wrong lessons will be learnt moving forward, expect more of the same from the next From Software title and don't blindly purchase it.
We are the observer, the judge and the jury; thus we are our own biggest obstacle to truth.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Sekiro sucks
  • Topic Archived