• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is it bad when you're happy to hear a dev has a DLC roadmap for a game?

User Info: Wicked_T_Wraith

Wicked_T_Wraith
4 weeks ago#41
Solid Sonic posted...
I want to know in case I crossed a line. >_>

Depends on the game and the state of its release, tbh.
The Official Robin of the I2 Boards
The Official Ermac of the MK11 Boards

User Info: SeekAndDestroy2

SeekAndDestroy2
4 weeks ago#42
flame030191 posted...
knight1014139 posted...
flame030191 posted...
Solid Sonic posted...
Foxx3k posted...
"Games should be complete upon release! ... WHAT!!?!??? this game doesn't have a ROAD MAP!?!?!?!"

Gamers.

Well asking people to buy season passes but "Hey, you'll get something, but you'll have to just hope for what that is," shouldn't make sense but companies try anyway.

What about the people who complain about road maps in games with free content updates? The BFV community has been absolutely toxic since its release because they’re not happy with the amount of maps and modes releasing despite none of it being paid for.

I love BFV but it does need more maps and factions. Would like the US and Russia.

Well we’re getting the Pacific front later this year. I highly doubt they’re going to add that in without including at least a couple of maps to play on, the American and Japanese armies at least, and weapons for each as it’d otherwise be kinda weird to see those two factions using British and German weaponry.

Just my two cents, though. I’m enjoying the game a lot, not as much as I enjoyed BF3, 4, and Hardline, but definitely enough to justify my purchase. The fact we don’t have to pay for these DLC’s rather than them rushing out underdeveloped content to appease a schedule and those who paid into it is definitely a nice bonus as, IMO, what we’ve gotten so far has been better than the content released in BF1.

Look at what happened to the final 2 DLCs for BF1. BFV has free updates so I would highly doubt they add as much free stuff as the proper packs would have. Expect 2 or 3 Pacific theatre maps and a few weapons and that's it. There's no way there is going to be a total of 10 free maps total or more.
Someday I'm hoping to close my eyes and pretend, that this crumpled up paper can be perfect again.

User Info: flame030191

flame030191
4 weeks ago#43
SeekAndDestroy2 posted...
flame030191 posted...
knight1014139 posted...
flame030191 posted...
Solid Sonic posted...
Foxx3k posted...
"Games should be complete upon release! ... WHAT!!?!??? this game doesn't have a ROAD MAP!?!?!?!"

Gamers.

Well asking people to buy season passes but "Hey, you'll get something, but you'll have to just hope for what that is," shouldn't make sense but companies try anyway.

What about the people who complain about road maps in games with free content updates? The BFV community has been absolutely toxic since its release because they’re not happy with the amount of maps and modes releasing despite none of it being paid for.

I love BFV but it does need more maps and factions. Would like the US and Russia.

Well we’re getting the Pacific front later this year. I highly doubt they’re going to add that in without including at least a couple of maps to play on, the American and Japanese armies at least, and weapons for each as it’d otherwise be kinda weird to see those two factions using British and German weaponry.

Just my two cents, though. I’m enjoying the game a lot, not as much as I enjoyed BF3, 4, and Hardline, but definitely enough to justify my purchase. The fact we don’t have to pay for these DLC’s rather than them rushing out underdeveloped content to appease a schedule and those who paid into it is definitely a nice bonus as, IMO, what we’ve gotten so far has been better than the content released in BF1.

Look at what happened to the final 2 DLCs for BF1. BFV has free updates so I would highly doubt they add as much free stuff as the proper packs would have. Expect 2 or 3 Pacific theatre maps and a few weapons and that's it. There's no way there is going to be a total of 10 free maps total or more.

At least we won’t be paying for content that’s so dead on arrival they’re giving it away for free very shortly later or for content that will never see the light of day because the developers couldn’t squeeze it in with the other low quality content released. Instead we’ll continue to have a fun to play game where all of the content can consistently be played as long as the community is still alive for the game, and I doubt the community will stop playing for quite a while considering EA’s Battlefront 1 is still active enough to reliably play.
X1X/PS4 Pro/Switch/RTX master race

User Info: knight1014139

knight1014139
4 weeks ago#44
flame030191 posted...
knight1014139 posted...
flame030191 posted...
Solid Sonic posted...
Foxx3k posted...

Gamers.

I do agree with this. I am looking forward to the content coming to the game.
XBL Gamertag: TheRevan Lord
https://soundcloud.com/user-720481272

User Info: vashkey

vashkey
4 weeks ago#45
Ive never been happy to see a roadmap. And the only game i like that i think could benefit from one us Dragon Ball FighterZ.

Life is Steange 2 just posted one and it would have been really nice if theyd posted it from the start. But i guess if theyd let everyone know that the whole five episodes would take a year and three months to release then no one would have been duped into buying it early.

My rule use to be to wait until its finished or goes on sale but I bought Life is Strange 2 at launch cuz it was already at a decent discount on Greenmangaming but the wait has been absurd. From now on im not buying episoding games anymore until their completed. Imagine watching a tv show and having to wait four months between each episode? I know game are different but is been six months since the release of the first episode and were still only at episode 2. Meanwhile the original Life is Strange had 4 episodes out in the span of six months.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is it bad when you're happy to hear a dev has a DLC roadmap for a game?
  • Topic Archived