• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Elder Scrolls VI: REDFALL will launch 2/22/22.

User Info: levyjl1988

levyjl1988
4 weeks ago#1
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim launched 11.11.11

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion launched 3.20.06

Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind launched 5.1.02

We had frozen tundras, now we get desert-scapes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5DeQfRNhdM
I hate games with bad game design

User Info: abbeldydoo

abbeldydoo
4 weeks ago#2
They better step their game up and perform miracles with that old engine.
Gamefaqs.You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious

User Info: ab2c4

ab2c4
4 weeks ago#3
They will be the next Grand Turismo lol.

User Info: RikashiX

RikashiX
4 weeks ago#4
Well I just hope they don't over do it with browns and grays for scenery and such.
"Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito" - GT NihonjinRikugun
3DS FC: 3067-8390-9586

User Info: Cruddy_horse

Cruddy_horse
4 weeks ago#5
I really hope it's not in Hammerfell, that's honestly one of my least favorite parts of Tamriel. And I really, really hate deserts

abbeldydoo posted...

Fallout 4 and 76 pretty much already proved they won't, be prepared for dozens of loading screens just to complete a few quests.
equo ne credite!

User Info: MertensCW

MertensCW
4 weeks ago#6
Will it even be a current gen game?
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.

User Info: Valiant_Kaiser

Valiant_Kaiser
4 weeks ago#7
MertensCW posted...

No. They said it wouldn't when it was initially teased.

User Info: Nazanir

Nazanir
4 weeks ago#8
MertensCW posted...

Given how the engine of the game is over 20 years old, even Oblivion and Fallout 3 weren't current gen games during their released era.

And since Bethesda confirmed they will be using the same engine again, expect the same bugs in any and all Elder Scrolls/Fallout games. You can give it nice graphics, but polish a turd, it's still a turd.

For a little context/history: Before the engine was called Gamebryo, it was called NetImmerse. The NetImmerse engine was produced and available in 1997, where in 2003 it was renamed to what we now know as the GameBryo engine. What was great about it back then, is that the engine was (still is) modular. This means that Bethesda (but also other devs who used the engine) could easily add libraries with their own functions to the game. This means that the engine itself was upgradable, but the quality of those upgrades are contingent on the quality of the engine itself. Since the core engine never saw much change (they only build upon it) the core features stay the same. This is, even though you can upgrade the graphics, the animations themselves can feel clunky, and this is why you still encounter bugs in recent games, that you experience back in f***ing Morrowind.

So to reiterate: polish a turd, it's still a turd.
XboX GT/Steam/Wii-U - Nazanir

User Info: Solis

Solis
4 weeks ago#9
Cruddy_horse posted...
I really hope it's not in Hammerfell, that's honestly one of my least favorite parts of Tamriel. And I really, really hate deserts

abbeldydoo posted...

Fallout 4 and 76 pretty much already proved they won't, be prepared for dozens of loading screens just to complete a few quests.

The engine upgrades made for Fallout 4 were substantial, and there are no loading times in the game aside from fast travelling and transitioning between separate interior areas. If you're getting "dozens of loading screens" from just a few quests, then each of those quests must be hours long.

Nazanir posted...
MertensCW posted...

Given how the engine of the game is over 20 years old, even Oblivion and Fallout 3 weren't current gen games during their released era.

And since Bethesda confirmed they will be using the same engine again, expect the same bugs in any and all Elder Scrolls/Fallout games. You can give it nice graphics, but polish a turd, it's still a turd.

For a little context/history: Before the engine was called Gamebryo, it was called NetImmerse. The NetImmerse engine was produced and available in 1997, where in 2003 it was renamed to what we now know as the GameBryo engine. What was great about it back then, is that the engine was (still is) modular. This means that Bethesda (but also other devs who used the engine) could easily add libraries with their own functions to the game. This means that the engine itself was upgradable, but the quality of those upgrades are contingent on the quality of the engine itself. Since the core engine never saw much change (they only build upon it) the core features stay the same. This is, even though you can upgrade the graphics, the animations themselves can feel clunky, and this is why you still encounter bugs in recent games, that you experience back in f***ing Morrowind.

So to reiterate: polish a turd, it's still a turd.

No, the features added to the engine recently go far beyond anything the GameBryo engine could have done. And the bugs present in the game are not engine-dependent, at least not the kind of bugs that people actually notice.

The age of the engine doesn't really indicate what it's presently capable of, several well respected modern games are based on engines that are 20 years old. Apparently there are a LOT of turds out there that are so well polished that people don't even realize they're turds.
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review

User Info: AltiarLio

AltiarLio
4 weeks ago#10
The hype of this will be so high I have no idea how Bethesda will manage it
GT & Steam: Tyron3L1o. PSN: TyroneLio.
I enjoy video games and shoes, mainly shoes.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Elder Scrolls VI: REDFALL will launch 2/22/22.
  • Topic Archived