• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. new TCL 4k TV not compatible with Xbox one S 4k features and HDCP error

User Info: ExempliGratia

ExempliGratia
4 weeks ago#11
djwagon posted...
ExempliGratia posted...
djwagon posted...
ExempliGratia posted...
Did you do research to see if your tv is compatible with the xbox? What is the model number? By new do you new you bought it new from the store or is it a 2019 model?

If it is compatible i'd say you need to contact support and see if you can get help.

OK this is the first time i every heard of your tv is not compatible with a gaming system

I think if it's an older tv some of them do not support the x. I know I upgraded my 4k tv because I couldn't do some things with my xbox x. Not just HDR. (Yes I'm a loser.)

That's why I said what I said.

Thank you for typing something close to complete English though, I appreciate it.

had to throw in that little dig there right ..plus all my post use correct english .not my fault you go our of your way to miistake what i wrote in your own way

I don't care. Have a good day.
Xbox Live Gamertag :ExempliGratiaEGPSN::ExempliGratia
I save my cellphone by turning it off.

User Info: IamRevan24

IamRevan24
4 weeks ago#12
Make sure you have 4k or hdr or both turned on for your hdmi ports in your tv settings.
Make Love, Not Walls

User Info: da_StoOge

da_StoOge
4 weeks ago#13
It's most likely not your TV. My Sony was getting HDCP errors yesterday after I switched it to 120Hz and then tried changing it back and watching a movie. I googled the issue and it was recommended I cleared the cach.
So I simply restarted the console (full reboot) and it was fine.

I'm not sure about using the HDMI override though. I assume you mean it's only allowing you to use 1080p instead of 4k?

I've not used a One S but the only 4k it's capable of is UHD Blu Rays (I assume you already know that), so maybe try leaving it on 1080p and watching an UHD movie and checking your TV's resolution while it plays?

I don't know, but on my set the HDMI over ride option has a few issue. That could be the culprit.
"Even though I'm no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"

User Info: Tkmajing

Tkmajing
4 weeks ago#14
IamRevan24 posted...
Make sure you have 4k or hdr or both turned on for your hdmi ports in your tv settings.

This, some TCL TV's require you to do this manually and are not on by default.
You can't have a nightmare if you never dream.

User Info: djwagon

djwagon
4 weeks ago#15
ExempliGratia posted...
djwagon posted...
ExempliGratia posted...
djwagon posted...
ExempliGratia posted...
Did you do research to see if your tv is compatible with the xbox? What is the model number? By new do you new you bought it new from the store or is it a 2019 model?

If it is compatible i'd say you need to contact support and see if you can get help.

OK this is the first time i every heard of your tv is not compatible with a gaming system

I think if it's an older tv some of them do not support the x. I know I upgraded my 4k tv because I couldn't do some things with my xbox x. Not just HDR. (Yes I'm a loser.)

That's why I said what I said.

Thank you for typing something close to complete English though, I appreciate it.

had to throw in that little dig there right ..plus all my post use correct english .not my fault you go our of your way to miistake what i wrote in your own way

I don't care. Have a good day.

lol you cared enough to throw in that dig .so make up your mind

I am voicing my opinion here .when i post .sorry if it does not fit your opinion

User Info: NSGraphite

NSGraphite
4 weeks ago#16
ExempliGratia posted...

Its ridiculous to have to do that. All modern tvs should be compatible with any HDMI device. I highly doubt its the tv.
My last signature got erased, so I put this here instead.

User Info: levelshooter

levelshooter
4 weeks ago#17
Is your TV HDR10 compatible?
-come on Rare release a good banjo game. You know you want to :) Current systems: PS4, XB1, Switch and 3ds.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. new TCL 4k TV not compatible with Xbox one S 4k features and HDCP error
  • Topic Archived