• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. new TCL 4k TV not compatible with Xbox one S 4k features and HDCP error

User Info: SHAO-Khan

SHAO-Khan
4 weeks ago#1
so i've been having issues with my xbox one s for months now, i cannot play my purchased videos due to an HDCP error, even though it's a new 4k tv with new HDMI cables . also my xbox says my tv doesn't support 4k and won't allow me to select it as an option, i'm using the HDMI override setting because auto detect only lets me pick a very low standard resolution. i've about had it with this system, my ps4 works fine with HDR settings [no 4k since it's not a pro]
"If i had a coconut for every time some lunatic said something like that" -Lara Croft

User Info: VENOMOUS75

VENOMOUS75
4 weeks ago#2
It's official: that sucks!
Former Athiest Patrick Glynn "Today concrete data points in the direction of the God hypothesis the simplest most obvious solution."God: The Evidence

User Info: Flamer_Blue

Flamer_Blue
4 weeks ago#3
The problem is the tv, not your Xbox One S.
<cite>Metallix87 posted...</cite>
"Nintendo is an animal"

User Info: Rich00

Rich00
4 weeks ago#4
My xbox one S run 4k and HDR on my vizio E series

User Info: ExempliGratia

ExempliGratia
4 weeks ago#5
Did you do research to see if your tv is compatible with the xbox? What is the model number? By new do you new you bought it new from the store or is it a 2019 model?

If it is compatible i'd say you need to contact support and see if you can get help.
Xbox Live Gamertag :ExempliGratiaEGPSN::ExempliGratia
I save my cellphone by turning it off.

User Info: djwagon

djwagon
4 weeks ago#6
ExempliGratia posted...
Did you do research to see if your tv is compatible with the xbox? What is the model number? By new do you new you bought it new from the store or is it a 2019 model?

If it is compatible i'd say you need to contact support and see if you can get help.

OK this is the first time i every heard of your tv is not compatible with a gaming system

I am voicing my opinion here .when i post .sorry if it does not fit your opinion

User Info: ExempliGratia

ExempliGratia
4 weeks ago#7
djwagon posted...
ExempliGratia posted...

OK this is the first time i every heard of your tv is not compatible with a gaming system

I think if it's an older tv some of them do not support the x. I know I upgraded my 4k tv because I couldn't do some things with my xbox x. Not just HDR. (Yes I'm a loser.)

That's why I said what I said.

Thank you for typing something close to complete English though, I appreciate it.
Xbox Live Gamertag :ExempliGratiaEGPSN::ExempliGratia
I save my cellphone by turning it off.

User Info: djwagon

djwagon
4 weeks ago#8
ExempliGratia posted...
djwagon posted...
ExempliGratia posted...

I think if it's an older tv some of them do not support the x. I know I upgraded my 4k tv because I couldn't do some things with my xbox x. Not just HDR. (Yes I'm a loser.)

That's why I said what I said.

Thank you for typing something close to complete English though, I appreciate it.

had to throw in that little dig there right ..plus all my post use correct english .not my fault you go our of your way to miistake what i wrote in your own way

I am voicing my opinion here .when i post .sorry if it does not fit your opinion

User Info: MetalZoic

MetalZoic
4 weeks ago#9
The Xbox is fully HDCP compliant, if you're getting an HDCP error I'd guess the problem is either with the TV or you're also using an audio receiver or soundbar and didn't mention it (in which case that is the most likely culprit)

User Info: GamecubeIchiban

GamecubeIchiban
4 weeks ago#10
Wow, that stinks. Can you take it back and get a different TV?
Our Hammer of JUSTICE Crushes You, Ovrr Powwr.
http://www.glsen.org/ Viva Bien!
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. new TCL 4k TV not compatible with Xbox one S 4k features and HDCP error
  • Topic Archived