• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Assassins Creed: Odyssey

User Info: nems1015

nems1015
4 weeks ago#1
Picked the game up 3 days ago.

I was never the biggest fan of Assasins Creed. Played the original upon release and a few entries after including Black Flag and Unity.

Never really finished any of the games. I enjoyed the exploration in the games but the combat always seemed off to me.

I bought this and I simply love everything about it.

When I first started I was completely lost by the layout of the menu's and.. everything really.

The more I played of Odyssey the more I understood it.

Everything from the graphics to the controlls and overall vibe of the game is absolutely fantastic.

The exploration reminds me of the recent Tomb Raider games, the combat is reminiscent (to me) of the Lord of the Rings games (to an extent) and the customization reminds me of Diablo in terms of creating builds.

I love rpg's and this is the best one I've played this gen, no question.

Im not comparing the two games but I bought Witcher 3 on release and still haven't completed it. Everyone touts W3 as the best rpg this gen. But for me that goes to Odyssey. I like the Witcher but this one is on a different level.

I hear great things about AC: Origins, so I will check that title out when I finish this.

Just wanted to say that I absolutely love everything about this game and glad that I picked it up.
Currently playing : DOOM (1X), Assasins Creed Odyssey (1X), NBA2K19 (1X), Diablo 3 (1X), KH3 (1X)

User Info: adonfraz

adonfraz
4 weeks ago#2
I really need to set aside some time to play it.
XBL GT: Loyal Catalyst / PSN ID: Loyal_Catalyst
Nintendo Switch FC: 1019-0711-8232

User Info: eston

eston
4 weeks ago#3
I'm dying to play it, but I've got Rogue and Liberation in my backlog and I'm concerned Odyssey will make me never want to play them
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i215/estonc/grizzly_bear_chairs_2.jpg http://i.imgur.com/8kjZU.jpg

User Info: abbeldydoo

abbeldydoo
4 weeks ago#4
Origins wore me out.Even with enemy scaling on i got to the point i was just running through areas hitting the beats one after another with little difficult opposition.It was a beautiful game and i loved Bayek's voice actor but i got bored.
Gamefaqs.You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious

User Info: RonBurgundy929

RonBurgundy929
4 weeks ago#5
The game is amazing. My favorite thing about it is hunting down all of the cult members.
Xbox One X & PS4 Pro: RonBurgundy929

nems1015
4 weeks ago#6
I don't think I've reached the cult members yet.

just got the boat to go to the other islands

I can't put this game down.

I picked up Odyssey and KH3 at the same time and having fun with both.

Odyssey is getting most of my time right now.
Currently playing : DOOM (1X), Assasins Creed Odyssey (1X), NBA2K19 (1X), Diablo 3 (1X), KH3 (1X)

User Info: ill-thoughts

ill-thoughts
4 weeks ago#7
120 hours says i agree with you. played it more than i did Skyrim.
playing: NBA Live 19, DOA6, Far Cry 5/ND, HITMAN 2, GTA5
waiting for: Cyberpunk 2077, Bully 2

User Info: cheezedadada

cheezedadada
4 weeks ago#8
Easily one of my favorite games this gen. I really like it.
XBL(Main)-cheezedadada / PSN(Exclusives)-cheezedadadada
Favorite games of 2019 so far: Metro Exodus, REmake 2 and The Division 2

nems1015
4 weeks ago#9
^in my top 3 this gen^

@eston

I get what you're saying but really, you need to play this game.

@ill-thoughts

Are you still playing?

User Info: ill-thoughts

ill-thoughts
4 weeks ago#10
nah i stopped mid way through, lost interest in the story. i mostly just played it to hunt down the Mercenaries. i mustve killed like 100 of them, was a total blast, will play again someday for sure. definitely the best RPG ive played this gen HANDS DOWN.
playing: NBA Live 19, DOA6, Far Cry 5/ND, HITMAN 2, GTA5
waiting for: Cyberpunk 2077, Bully 2
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Assassins Creed: Odyssey
  • Topic Archived