• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. DWG and Spotlight Sale

User Info: cheezedadada

cheezedadada
4 weeks ago#21
I bought Illusion: Tale of the Mind the other day and I'm playing that now. It's pretty cool. The gameplay is mostly doing some perspective puzzles and platforming and stuff, but the atmosphere and art style is pretty interesting.

Actually saw 2 games on that list that I forgot to buy in the past and now's my chance. Going to grab Black The Fall and Forgotton Anne right now.
XBL(Main)-cheezedadada / PSN(Exclusives)-cheezedadadada
Favorite games of 2019 so far: Metro Exodus, REmake 2 and The Division 2

cheezedadada
4 weeks ago#22
^
Just grabbed those 2, made sure I got Outward and also randomly stumbled across the new upcoming game "FAR: Lone Sails" It's coming out soon and it's a pretty cheap indie game that is on sale for a couple of bucks off. I have no real idea how it'll play out, but based on the videosI think the atmosphere looks cool. I've heard good things too:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/609320/FAR_Lone_Sails/

User Info: DigitalFury_

DigitalFury_
4 weeks ago#23
cheezedadada posted...
I bought Illusion: Tale of the Mind the other day and I'm playing that now. It's pretty cool. The gameplay is mostly doing some perspective puzzles and platforming and stuff, but the atmosphere and art style is pretty interesting.

Actually saw 2 games on that list that I forgot to buy in the past and now's my chance. Going to grab Black The Fall and Forgotton Anne right now.

Was looking at that earlier. Gave me Psychonauts vibes. How accurate is that?

Thinking about using some MS Rewards points to grab World of Final Fantasy or whatever it's called. Opinions on that game?
Less Xbox, more tackle box
XBL GT: M0NSTERRA1N

cheezedadada
4 weeks ago#24
DigitalFury_ posted...
cheezedadada posted...

Was looking at that earlier. Gave me Psychonauts vibes. How accurate is that?

Thinking about using some MS Rewards points to grab World of Final Fantasy or whatever it's called. Opinions on that game?

It has the quirky charm of a game like Psychonauts and you go around collecting stuff, but I never really got a vibe similar to that game otherwise. It's been forever since I played that though so I would definitely need a refresher course. I would say 'not really' based on what I'm picturing in my head though.

It's mostly comprised of walking around collecting items/puzzle pieces, working on perspective puzzles, piecing jigsaw puzzles together (with the pieces you collect), spinning disc puzzles to form a picture and things like that all while a story unfolds. There's also a few sections where you have to run away from enemies and avoid getting hit. It's basically all of that stuff mashed together. I'll go with puzzle adventure.

To clear up one thing I said BTW. I used the term "platforming", but I'm not sure it would be considered that to some people. You have moments where you have to jump from platform to platform before they disappear, but you don't actually fully control the jump itself and you just hit the action/jump button when you want the action to happen. So it's not like a typical 3D free-jumping platformer game or anything.

If I were asked whether it's worth $10...it's hard to say because I can see it going 50/50 with people. Some games I almost automatically assume people will love and I have no problem recommending them, but this one I'm not super sure. If someone were in the mood for a game with some charm to it though I would probably say it's worth a shot. I haven't completed yet but I heard it's a solid 4-5 hours maybe.

Unfortunately I haven't played World of Final Fantasy so I have no opinion on that game. I saw some gameplay a while back and I could tell it wasn't really my style. I've been told it's a pretty unique game though.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. DWG and Spotlight Sale
  • Topic Archived