• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox one X HDR looks horrible on the KS8000

User Info: zerohunter01

zerohunter01
1 month ago#1
I’ve been through countless calibrations trying to fix the HDR. I have all HDMI UHD color on and the ECO system is off. On Sdr the picture looks amazing and colorful but when HDR comes on it goes like a bright filter is overlapping the screen and the colors are washed out. For those with amazing hdr with this TV for the X please let me know. I’ve been playing DOA 6 and went to SDR and it looks amazing while HDR is washed out and no matter what I do can’t get it to the color that sdr puts out.
I won't buy something else because you suggest it. I'm not a sheep. I don't want fries with that.

User Info: da_StoOge

da_StoOge
1 month ago#2
Are you sure it isn't just that game? And have you adjust the in game settings? I don't have DOA6, so I can't tell you.
"Even though I'm no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"

User Info: NSGraphite

NSGraphite
1 month ago#3
It depends on the game. Try Shadow of the Tomb raider demo. On my PS4 pro the HDR is quite good on that. Its crap on other games though.
My last signature got erased, so I put this here instead.

User Info: leelee3105

leelee3105
1 month ago#4
that's the setup I run and it looks f***ing amazing. just keep messing with the settings I guess
GT= ScottTHEscammeR
Thanks to my new friend MrBonestripper, as of 14FEB 2019, I am officially done trolling on gamefaqs

User Info: Reflex-Arc

Reflex-Arc
1 month ago#5
Some games will look better than others in HDR. You'll find that those with proper paper white, HDR brightness, and gamma adjustment sliders built in will almost always look better than those without.
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | Sound Card | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard

User Info: MetalZoic

MetalZoic
4 weeks ago#6
There have been 2 other topics I remember of people having issues with the HDR on that set. You might try searching for those topics to see if there was any fix. Like others said how it's programmed in-game varies as well as the brightness a TV can put out being extrememly important. Maybe that model just isn't bright enough? (I don't know)

User Info: Beasthunt

Beasthunt
4 weeks ago#7
MetalZoic posted...
There have been 2 other topics I remember of people having issues with the HDR on that set. You might try searching for those topics to see if there was any fix. Like others said how it's programmed in-game varies as well as the brightness a TV can put out being extrememly important. Maybe that model just isn't bright enough? (I don't know)

This. I was going to say that this is not the first post I've read concerning thoughts on HDR and this set being negative.
Acts 2:38.

User Info: ExempliGratia

ExempliGratia
4 weeks ago#8
I can't really tell. But them I'm a horrible person to judge. I just accept what I can see. Games like red dead 2 is a bit dark but I'm hearing it's because they are using faux hdr
Xbox Live Gamertag :ExempliGratiaEGPSN::ExempliGratia
Well isn't that cute

User Info: ZatchBell

ZatchBell
4 weeks ago#9
Looks good on my tv. You probably have the settings wrong or just have a crap tv, or just came here to troll
Sega Fan for Life

User Info: djwagon

djwagon
4 weeks ago#10
@zerohunter01
tc did you go by this sites tv settings
https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/by-usage/video-gaming

you voice your opinion on here and you get attacked for it. opinions is like a two lane street on here. yours is never correct
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox one X HDR looks horrible on the KS8000
  • Topic Archived